The Sewing Place

Newbie saying hi

Ohsewsimple

Re: Newbie saying hi
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2020, 11:29:17 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  Wonderful clothes from those eras. Just wish I had the shape to wear them. 

Great piccies @BrendaP but OMG that bra must have been soooooo uncomfortable cutting in the way it is. 

justpottering

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 11:50:13 AM »
Welcome to TSP!

I love 40's 50's style, sadly I am not the shape to wear either  :S
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Sandra

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2020, 12:30:05 PM »
@Sandra
I came across some children's (3 yr old approx) vintage  patterns yesterday when sorting through my pattern stash which I would be happy to give to you if you'd pay the postage. :D

@annieeg Thank you for the offer, but I don't bother with children's patterns. I have some but my main interest is with the ladieswear.
Thank you  :)

Sandra.
xxx

Nevis5

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2020, 13:49:46 PM »
Welcome, @Mrsdawes20  from me too  :toast:

@BrendaP   those droopy drawers made me  0_0

Surest1tch

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2020, 15:36:50 PM »
Welcome from me too @Mrsdawes20  :D, some of the clothes from the 40's & 50's were fabulous and I admire you if you wear them. Personally I prefer the mid 60's to very early 70's but at 66 I think I'm a bit too old to get away with wearing them now, I do try to adapt the patterns so I can just about get away with them but definitely no mini skirts

UttaRetch

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2020, 17:37:49 PM »
Great piccies ...  but OMG that bra must have been soooooo uncomfortable cutting in the way it is.
That's because she is wearing the wrong size.  Those straps might as well be cheese wire.