The Sewing Place

FREE Collection or postage cost

Iminei

FREE Collection or postage cost
« on: May 27, 2020, 08:38:19 AM »
Massive amount of Polyester wadding ...

Given to me by my downsizing friend  :facepalm: 

Maybe you have a use for it ??? Toy stuffing, Home furnishings, Quilted cushion backing, ?????????????

FREE for cost of postage or Collection from DT11

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Missie

Re: FREE Collection or postage cost
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 11:30:27 AM »
Would you consider cutting it into smaller pieces, say 1m.  I'd use that for sleeve caps (have some formal jackets to make) but the whole amount is far too much and I really don't need the extra clutter.

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 20:57:04 PM »
Yes I would happily cut a metre off for you Missie .. Is that Ok? @Stitches

@Missie  there is a separate bundle within the bag of thin poly wadding ... the rest is really thick ... so I think that will do for you ...  unfortunately however much I squeeze it it might need to go as a small parcel £3.50 ish min ... but there will be no weight issue ... Ok for you? Or do you need thicker? you could always double it up ?

I will tell you the cost after posting ok?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 22:01:07 PM by Iminei »

Stitches

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 22:04:07 PM »
Yes that's ok Iminei

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 09:54:36 AM »
Ok the bad news is ... This stuff is puffy so it has to be sent as a small parcel via Royal Mail which costs £3.70 @Missie

The good news is this stuff weighs nothing ... I going to investigate Hermes etc ....

Missie

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 10:03:44 AM »
Yes I would happily cut a metre off for you Missie .. Is that Ok? @Stitches

@Missie  there is a separate bundle within the bag of thin poly wadding ... the rest is really thick ... so I think that will do for you ...  unfortunately however much I squeeze it it might need to go as a small parcel £3.50 ish min ... but there will be no weight issue ... Ok for you? Or do you need thicker? you could always double it up ?

I will tell you the cost after posting ok?

Fabulous, thank you.  Yes, that is fine re cost/posting.  Thank you v much @Iminei

Missie

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 10:11:32 AM »
Ok the bad news is ... This stuff is puffy so it has to be sent as a small parcel via Royal Mail which costs £3.70 @Missie

The good news is this stuff weighs nothing ... I going to investigate Hermes etc ....

@Iminei, really don't go to too much trouble.  That is fine, especially as I have trouble with hermes deliveries, although in theory it should be fine as we are all home.

Missie

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 17:17:05 PM »
@Iminei   Thank you; parcel arrived today  :D :*

Iminei

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 06:17:35 AM »
Im still working out how to send yours @Stitches ....