The Sewing Place

Quick and dirty

Catllar

Quick and dirty
« on: May 09, 2017, 17:03:43 PM »
Needed a quick and simple make. So a new set of kitchen chair cushions and a cover for a garden cushion.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Lilian

Re: Quick and dirty
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 18:37:11 PM »
Lovely fabric, very nice  :vintage: :)
Willing but not always able :)

Ellabella

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 19:37:24 PM »
what smashing fabric.

Catllar

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 21:56:19 PM »
It's great isn't it - a total change from my usual stuff!

Vegegrow

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 22:04:06 PM »
lovely fabric.... do you know what it is?
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Catllar

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 22:36:40 PM »
No,  sorry - it's been in the stash for ages - maybe from Textile Centre or possibly from Les Coupons de St.Pierre.

Gernella

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 10:07:49 AM »
I've always been a sew clothes person and would never have thought of going soft furnishings, until I got a sample for some new curtains and the sample was enormous so I used it on a new cushion, since then I've deviated a few times but never done kitchen chair covers, choosing the easy way out because what generally happens is they get 'flattened'.  Fabric is fine but their oomph has gone on the filling.  Yours are gorgeous.

During winter I used to take down the conservatory blinds because DH turns it into a glorified greenhouse (it is just outside the kitchen door) and brings half the field in every time he walks in plus anything that he can't be bothered to take into the garage.  This last two years I've taken the easy way out and drawn them up and wrapped them in fleece.  This last time the staples I had used for the sides had torn holes and I finished up machining the sides.  It was then I thought well I could do a much better job with a fabric remnant but whether it will get done is another matter.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included