The Sewing Place

pattern for trousers - flat front, pull--on

annieeg

pattern for trousers - flat front, pull--on
« on: May 27, 2020, 17:40:15 PM »
Does anyone know of a wide (not palazzo) trouser which has a flat front (possibly elastic back waist) which are pull-on ?
I was following the discussion on viscose and I have a lot of it now (thanks to Immanuels) and it occurred to me to knock up a couple of pairs for around the house (in place of leggings). 
Ideally the pattern should be reasonably snug around the hip and upper thigh (I  can grade the pattern if necessary) but the basic shape should look a little tailored.

sewingj

Re: pattern for trousers - flat front, pull--on
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 19:35:40 PM »
@annieeg just wondering if you found a suitable pattern as I am looking for something similar myself  There are lots of patterns with elastic or draw strings all round but I really want a flat front, and elastic at the back only.

Clareew

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 22:37:18 PM »
How about the Closet Case Pietra Pant?

Closet Case Pietra

annieeg

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 22:39:47 PM »
@sewingj
No luck I'm afraid.  I think I recollect maybe a style arc pattern but I am researching and if I find anything I'll be sure to let you know :thumbsup:

annieeg

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 22:41:38 PM »
How about the Closet Case Pietra Pant?

Closet Case Pietra
Thanks @Clareew that looks like a possible :thumbsup: :thinking:

Puzzler

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 06:47:16 AM »
I like the looks of this pattern although the elastic is just at the sides. I’m not prepared to become a member though.

https://www.seamwork.com/catalog/dorian

I think I have a similar pattern from the Big 4 so will have a rummage today.

These have a flat front. The so-so review appears to refer to the sewing instructions. Might be worth seeking other reviews.

https://www.stylearc.com/shop/sewing-patterns/sadie-pant/#reviews

sewingj

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 08:43:28 AM »
i like the look of the Closet Case pattern - those front seams might have potential to accommodate my pot belly!

Efemera

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 08:49:07 AM »
Just use an ordinary pant pattern, leave out the darts at the back, extend the waistband to accommodate the extra and bung in some elastic.

Sewingsue

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2020, 09:10:46 AM »
Oh, just discovered you can't delete your own post.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 09:20:44 AM by Sewingsue »
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

So Chic

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2020, 10:19:10 AM »
Style Arc Willow trousers seem to meet your requirements but I would be tempted to try Eferema’s suggestion.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Kenora

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2020, 11:09:53 AM »
I've used the Style Arc Katherine trousers a few times. Mine have a flat front and elastic in part of the back. I did change the pattern but can't remember by how much!
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Catllar

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2020, 13:10:35 PM »

https://www.stylearc.com/shop/sewing-patterns/sadie-pant/#reviews

I am wearing these as I speak! Made them in a light linen. Easy peasy. Flat bum adjustment too ( as usual for the arseless woman that I am)
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

jintie

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2020, 05:48:19 AM »
I agree with @Efemera. Remember you have to get the waistband over your hips, then fit snugly on the waist. Just make up a trial waistband to check this.
Rottweiler with scissors

Happymrsg

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2020, 14:19:57 PM »
I've been making the Style Arc Clare pants this weekend, https://www.stylearc.com/shop/sewing-patterns/clare-pant/
Ive not got to the waist, so I can't comment yet. They are wide legged & flat front, so may be what you are looking for.