The Sewing Place

Toddler’s simple pinafore free pattern?

Sheilago

Toddler’s simple pinafore free pattern?
« on: May 27, 2020, 18:28:44 PM »
Does anyone know of a downloadable pattern for a simple toddler pinafore with a round necked bodice and gathered skirt?
I’ve made 2 pairs of dungarees for my granddaughter and thought I’d like to try a pinafore. I was going to try to modify this dungarees pattern, but then thought I might just waste the fabric if I didn’t get it right.   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Sheilago

Re: Toddler’s simple pinafore free pattern?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 20:28:12 PM »
Have had another good search around and finally found this, which looks like it might fit the bill. Will let you know if it works.  :D

https://shop.mybluprint.com/sewing/patterns/simple-girls-dress-pattern/541520

Kitten

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 18:41:43 PM »
Have you looked at Violet Fields patterns?  They have some nice free patterns here:
https://violettefieldthreads.com/pages/tutorials

I got a few of these but have yet to try them.  Someone I worked with did and they look really good made up.

Sheilago

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 21:15:03 PM »
Thanks @Kitten . I hadn’t seen that website. The ‘Lola’ top could easily be made as a dress, so I have saved it. As you say a lot of nice tutorials. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sheilago

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 22:32:34 PM »
Well , here it is.. Took no time to make - fabric is from a Scion branded pillowcase- 100% cotton, lovely quality. Haven’t hemmed it or sorted out the shoulder fastening until my little granddaughter tries it on.

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 09:00:36 AM »
Delightful.

wrenkins

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 10:24:00 AM »
That made me smile. It is a little work of art.  :loveit:

My niece (29) loved her summer dresses when she was little because 'the wind blew her arm pips'. We still call them arm pips!  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Catllar

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 03:53:02 AM »
That's pretty!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !