The Sewing Place

Quilt clips - sorry I know we've had this conversation before . . .

LeilaMay

I have been searching, honest, but I can't find the thread where we already discussed the big clips or pegs you can use to secure the quilt layers to a table top for pinning layers together.

Can anyone locate it? Or perhaps offer suggestions again?
I am sorry, but I must be forgetting a keyword, nothing coming up that looks right.

May thanks
Leila

toileandtrouble

try table clamps.  Don't neglect  the  tool sites.  Aldi used to have some small ratchet clamps.
Someone (deafoldbat?) suggested heavy piles of books instead.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Iminei

Quilt clips are teensy plastic clips used by Darksiders and Lightsiders alike to hold pieces of fabric together

You are thinking (I think) of clips that hold tablecloths to tables (in windy Greek tavernas) ... tho I dont think they would do the job to a wooden table of any size and weight ...
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

StitchinTime

Acorn

I have these which are supposed to be for holding the quilt when it's rolled up and you're quilting it.  They are completely and utterly useless, which makes me wonder whether they might be intended to hold it to a table for layering instead.  There has to be some point to them!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

LeilaMay

Is this the thread you had in mind?
https://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php/topic,8180.0.html

Ah yes, thank you - the thing about the plant clips and spring clamps  :)  I knew I didn't have the right search phrase, thank you very much  :toast: