The Sewing Place

Itokri

Greybird

Itokri
« on: May 29, 2020, 14:59:47 PM »
This company is in India. My daughter has just ordered 11 metres of fabric and a couple of pieces of (cheap) jewellery from them and, with the postage, it came to just over £49. It all looks rather lovely - I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives.

https://www.itokri.com/collections/fabrics

Tamnymore

Re: Itokri
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 15:36:38 PM »
Ooooh more lovely fabric! Get thee behind me  :devil:. I guess it might take a bit of time to arrive (and there might be taxes - although that seems to be a bit of a lottery) but should be very nice.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Surest1tch

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 15:39:56 PM »
I'm not going to look, definitely not,  :thinking: honest!

snoozi soozi

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 16:36:24 PM »
Yes please do @Greybird I've had Indian hand-blocked cotton I think that's what it was called and it was quite, erm, thin, shall we say  :o
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 18:30:04 PM »
So many beautiful designs, but I'm not tempted.  However, I would be interested to hear back from @Greybird once the order has been received.

Catllar

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 14:00:02 PM »
Waiting to hear a quality and delivery report on this - such lusciousness!!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Greybird

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 16:25:47 PM »
Well, the parcel has arrived - very quick I think. She says:

" the fabrics are lovely, although I've not opened them up fully yet as despite the fact they took a little over a week to get here and were wrapped in a bag, cellophane, cloth, newspaper and a box!!!!, they are still in quarantine just in case."

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Not sure if you can read the note - it says:

Thank you for visiting our littell adela(?). We are really excited to have you with us. Here is a gift for your first purchase. Hope you like it. We would love to hear from you again and have some feedback with love and support. Lots of love Jig.

I think I shall get some of the fabric in due course to make up for her so I'll let you know how it goes.

UttaRetch

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2020, 17:11:21 PM »
Thanks for reporting back.  I can't quite commit to online shopping and won't start with an overseas supplier.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2020, 19:52:41 PM »
@UttaRetch you're very fortunate that you don't have to, I'm many miles away from any fabric establishments  :(
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

sewmuchmore

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2020, 17:42:22 PM »
@Greybird your daughter have to pay any inport duty?
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Greybird

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 15:38:02 PM »
@sewmuchmore - sorry for the delay in replying, I had to ask her. This is what she said:

I didn't have to pay anything import duty wise, just the quoted postage at time of purchase. The email communication from purchase to delivery was fantastic and then I could track my package on it's journey... only took about a week and a half which I thought was very good given the distance and weird times we are in. I liked watching it travel through India!

sewmuchmore

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2020, 18:43:01 PM »
@Greybird thanks, i may take a punt and order some.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Greybird

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2020, 11:00:30 AM »
My daughter has received her second order from them. She ordered it last Wednesday and it arrived on Monday! It has taken longer than that for fabric I ordered to come from Gloucestershire!

Greybird

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2020, 09:55:45 AM »
I now have some of the fabric in my possession - guess who is making it up! It seems very nice - much as you would expect this type of fabric to be. Based on our experience I would recommend this company.

Happymrsg

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2020, 10:06:11 AM »
There are some really beautiful fabrics on that site. Thankyou for telling us about it.