The Sewing Place

Itokri

dolcevita

Re: Itokri
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2020, 12:49:32 PM »
I shouldn't have looked, I have no willpower with fabric. Too late now.

Esme866

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2020, 05:46:00 AM »
O! M! G! :scream: :scream: :scream:

WHY did I look!!!

Beautiful fabrics, great prices........oy......

OK...so this is my new incentive to bribe myself into completing a handful of non-sewing projects that are keeping me from my machines.

I could have a "Merry Christmas to me" in September! ...I'm liking this idea...

Happy I looked! Thank you!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2020, 06:37:01 AM »
@Esme866 I looked too. Shipping isn't outrageous.  This could prove to be bad in a very good way.  :faints: I've been wanting to get a few strings of Tibetan prayer flags. Their selection and pricing are astounding. Might as well add some yardage while I'm there.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Esme866

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2020, 07:12:33 AM »
@Renegade Sewist - and is it just me, or are the well-established online fabric vendors here in the states offering more and more "polycrap"? - basically the same stuff disposible factory clothing is made of - at the noticeably higher prices.

I was literally reminiscing about Indian fabrics just yesterday while doing laundry. I'm excited.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2020, 20:34:35 PM »
@Esme866 are we both thinking of Marcy Tilton right now?

Disclaimer for the rest of you: Marcy has some lovely fabrics. She has tons of synthetic fabrics and plays up how wonderful they are. She routinely gives you the impression of how precious and rare the fabrics she carries are. It's a clever little marketing strategy. Her prices are also very high. She had a lovely range of Japanese cotton a few years back. The local high end quilt shop also carried it. It was about $18 per yard locally and $29 yard from Marcy.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

dolcevita

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2020, 09:55:19 AM »
@Greybird  thank you for the recommendation. I ordered a few fabrics from them and they are lovely. In the order was some jacquard cotton which I've already started using (an Ogden cami). The texture is very different to European cottons, not bad, just different. It has a much more open plain weave and a slight crinkle to it, a little bit like crepe. It washes and sews nicely and is comfy to wear, especially in warm weather. I also have some block print batik waiting for the wash and a few metres of stunning lemon yellow modal silk. This is woven with the cotton on one face and silk on the other. It's a beautiful fabric.
The service was great, less than a week from order to receipt. I shall use them again.

sewminds

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2021, 08:46:01 AM »
2 words....Oh MY!!!  0_0
Sew it needs juice!