The Sewing Place

Skirt with poppy fabric

Silver Rose

Skirt with poppy fabric
« on: May 31, 2020, 10:22:39 AM »
I have cut out and tacked an eight panelled skirt using a lovely light and floaty lawn with a poppy print. An easy project after two pleated ones :) . Might do some sewing later but I am feeling rather lazy today.
Still learning

Silver Rose

Re: Skirt with poppy fabric
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 13:48:47 PM »
Made progress yesterday and today, just the waist facing and hem to do.
Still learning

sewmuchmore

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 18:02:58 PM »
I have a poppy skirt that i have had for a couple of years, and have been wearing it for the last couple of days but today HE said "why are the poppies on your skirt upside down?", and you know what he is right, why have i never spotted that before.
Can't wait to see yours
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Surest1tch

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 21:49:23 PM »
I have a poppy skirt that i have had for a couple of years, and have been wearing it for the last couple of days but today HE said "why are the poppies on your skirt upside down?", and you know what he is right, why have i never spotted that before.
Can't wait to see yours

Tell him they are Australian poppies  :thumbsup:

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 21:51:55 PM »
And that they look absolutely right to you as you look down on them whilst wearing the skirt.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 21:56:03 PM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Silver Rose

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 08:15:26 AM »
@sewmuchmore , luckily my fabric has an all over design with  no obvious right way up but I had to have a closer look just in case.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 08:22:02 AM »
All done apart from the hem, should have finished it 2 days ago but the CBA gremlin prevailed. It is too cold to wear such a light skirt, I'm back into jumpers for the week according to the forecast, only 13C today.
Still learning