The Sewing Place

Burda 6972 Tunic/Dress

annieeg

Burda 6972 Tunic/Dress
« on: June 01, 2020, 12:08:58 PM »
https://sewing.patternreview.com/Patterns/64400
I made this dress last year and posted pics which discussed it being "frumpy" (OH's comments) and difficulties I had around the top portion which didn't fit.
Anyway, I took the whole top section apart and added buttons/buttonholes (which makes it easier to put on and take off, as with the fixed centre seam at the top it was awkward).  I also fiddled around with the top making darts, pleats etc to try and get it to sit better. (Don't ask how many hours I've spent on this, but I was determined to wear it!)
Here's the finished version which I will wear - its far from perfect and the top still doesn't feel 100% right but I think I know the problem - I should have used a drapey fabric (viscose, crepe or similar) because the cotton I used - although extremely cool and pretty, doesn't drape.
I've attached a couple of pics - one of me in the dress and one a bit blurry where my spaniels <3 decided to join in. :D
PS:  I have a complete unused spare copy of this pattern (US size 18-30) which I'm happy to pass on for £2.00 to cover postage and packing.  I'll put it up on the regular For Sale post.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 12:14:20 PM by annieeg »

Greybird

Re: Burda 6972 Tunic/Dress
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 12:13:50 PM »
You look very nice in it. I'm glad you were able to save it!