The Sewing Place

Tia Knight Fabrics

Bodgeitandscarper

Tia Knight Fabrics
« on: June 03, 2020, 09:12:17 AM »
I ordered from Tia Knight Fabrics at 6.30pm last night and had an email at 8.05am this morning to say it's been despatched!  That's not bad, is it?  Let's hope the carriers are as quick  :)

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Tia Knight Fabrics
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 12:25:44 PM »
I forgot to add, this fabric arrived yesterday, very quick!

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 12:35:20 PM »
I hope it’s ok.  I ordered a few bits some time ago.  But some of it definitely wasn’t as advertised.  It was completely the wrong fibre so I didn’t order again.

Vezelay

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 17:22:35 PM »
I've had some lovely fabric from them a few years ago. However last December they took my order, emailed me to say it had been despatched, and only later informed me that some items weren't in stock. I wanted substitutes but they said I would have to pay postage again, which to Ireland was about £10! I even had to chase them for the refund of the missing items.

I've gone off them since that so I'm glad you were a happy customer Bodge.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 18:53:08 PM »
My fabrics are fine, just plain lycra, nice quality and cheap-ish.

I'm really wary of buying fabric on t'internet after having a few disasters where I didn't really know what I was getting, so now only order what can really only be what they say it is.

Marniesews

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2020, 22:31:38 PM »
Their fabrics, like Fabricland, can be variable. I find their lycra too thin for my taste unless its lined. Now I always get samples first from both these companies and have avoided a lot of disappointment and had some great buys this way.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.