Re: Junes (late) BOM
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2020, 20:41:40 PM »
Good grief, Sandra - TWO already!!!
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Sandra

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2020, 20:59:10 PM »
Good grief, Sandra - TWO already!!!

It's been cold today so no pottering around in the garden.  :)
If the sun was still shining I wouldn't have been indoors sewing.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 06:28:11 AM »
@Sheilago  ... No there are only THREE blocks this month ... thats IF you design and make your own !!!!

The extra QST block I made in Post #2 was just something to do with all the QST's I had accumulatedwhile working out my Godlike status  ... So this month ...  Ohio Star ... Whatever the hell that 2nd block is and ???? Your own special design ...  :devil:

The more blocks you have made, the better the choice at the end for your quilt .. For instance you may HATE the Courthouse steps or this curious no name block .. but if you have 13 blocks you could leave it out or put it on the back of the finished quilt ...

@Lowena .. You think I have a plan  0_0  :faints: ... I might work on one for next year .... :rolleyes:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Iminei

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2020, 06:40:41 AM »
Lovely blocks  ... Sandra ... Bjay ...

Run along and open up the BOM HOF ... There's some money in the kitty for biccies ... (dont know how you'll get her to give it back tho'     :meow:     Miaaow!)

:angel:     :angel:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Puzzler

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2020, 07:11:09 AM »
Just dropped off a batch of cupcakes to the BOM HOF as my contribution to those hard at work piecing triangles.

Bjay

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2020, 18:56:12 PM »

I could not fit the 2nd block together, it jusr wouldn't go then I realised  :facepalm: I needed 3 HST's and not 2. Only looked at picture - 2 points forgot about the middle bits
Result is that I have been stressed - perhaps it's because I didn't have a biscuit!  Hey ho!
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Bjay

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2020, 15:23:19 PM »

The star with out the POP looks the same as a Star of Virginia so my little book says

Now I really have to think about no3.

Thanks @Iminei I seem to be gaining confidence in colour matches. I may have a go at a couple already done if I have the fabric and the time left

wrenkins

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2020, 15:27:56 PM »
I wasn't liking this block (not a big star fan) but yours is lovely. That swirly fabric makes a great background. I think I could do that and not grump.
I like @Sandra's layout too.  -<
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Bjay

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2020, 15:32:48 PM »
@wrenkins Go on - give it a go.
If I can do it any sewer/quilter can and i enjoyed making these 2

wrenkins

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2020, 15:54:34 PM »
@Bjay I've done stars. I just don't like the look of 'em. (Sounds like something I hate that everybody else loves  0_0).
I might do them so that I've made them for the BOM thang and then make them up as cushions. Or two sides of one cushion.  -< We'll have to see what the rest of the blocks bring.  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Flobear

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2020, 17:14:34 PM »
Looking good, @Bjay, I think that's my favourite of yours so far.

Here's my first one. Was going to leave it a couple of weeks as my Pfaff is kaputt-ish and I wasn't sure I could do a good quarter inch seam on Bernina. However, it's cold and manky out so I decided to practise some HSTs and QSTs first on spare fabric.

There are rather a lot of 'Eric the Half-a-Bee' - my tribute to Monty Python  ;)
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Bjay

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2020, 17:33:01 PM »
Thanks Flo

Lovely busy bee fabric
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 17:41:21 PM by Bjay »

Acorn

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2020, 17:37:46 PM »
@Flobear That makes a fantastic background fabric to a floral foreground!   0_0  Lovely block.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

coffeeandcake

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2020, 19:24:12 PM »
@wrenkins Go on - give it a go.
If I can do it any sewer/quilter can and i enjoyed making these 2
That's me out then

wrenkins

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2020, 22:36:04 PM »
I have a Ho Hi Ho star!  0_0 It's rather lovely kinsidrin and purely by accident my hour glasses match my flying geese from last time. WooHoo!

NEXT!