« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2020, 08:07:55 AM »
Pics please @wrenkins  ....
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

Re: Junes (late) BOM
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2020, 09:28:46 AM »
Yes yes I know. My fattery was blat...again!  0_0

Here 'tis. The prettiest star.

121/2" and didn't even have to trim the whiskers off...as you can see.  :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 11:53:50 AM by wrenkins »
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

LouiseS

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2020, 11:00:02 AM »
I managed to get most of the cutting and sewing done yesterday and finished the last block this morning. I accidentally cut twice as many HST for the mystery block so making another block didn’t take long!
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Acorn

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2020, 11:39:56 AM »
You have a lovely small quilt just for June, @LouiseS!   0_0
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Flobear

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2020, 12:20:27 PM »
I'm trying to start the second block and the instructions say make 3.5" HSTs. As this must be the size for a finished HST, I presume I need to cut the starting squares 4" as per previous advice.

I realise this is probably a daft question but, as some of my feature fabrics are getting low, I don't want to waste any doing the wrong thing.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Iminei

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2020, 12:30:28 PM »
@Flobear ....

2nd block (the odd un-named one) is 4 across, 4 down ... 3 1/2" is the unfinished size of the HST's (3" finished x 4 = 12" finished)

So Cut 4" squares to make 4 HST's  (I'm sure you can use the surplus one in something else ... Maybe in the 'Design Yourself a Block' Block ???)

Does this help you out?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 05:43:59 AM by Iminei »

wrenkins

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2020, 12:34:51 PM »
@Iminei I've put my picture in below/above.

Is the second block compulsory or is it an either/or with our own made up one?
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

supergran

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2020, 13:04:18 PM »
The first June one, and working on the second. Not so sure about "design it yourself" as I'm more a follower than an inventive type, but I'll have a think about it.  :thinking:

wrenkins

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2020, 13:05:52 PM »
Oh that's lovely @supergran. I love that feature fabric.  :loveit:

Flobear

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2020, 13:43:00 PM »
Thanks @Iminei .  If 4" is the cutting size, then I had the right idea. I think I got a bit mixed up between finished and finished  ;)
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

wrenkins

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2020, 13:51:59 PM »
@Flobear him indoors says I get a certain look when trying to add on all my quarters. He calls it blank thinking.  0_0

Iminei

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2020, 14:31:10 PM »
@everyone

The more blocks you make the better choice you have ... or ... the bigger quilt you will have...

Bjay

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2020, 18:58:24 PM »
Attempt at the 'design yourself' block not a great success.

It has come out at 9.5 ins. I know I can add a border but there's the problem I don't think I have enough of the swirly background fabric to complete quilt and sashing and do an extra border.
It also depends what other amazing blocks @Imi is going to invent as well

Wondering about  using the POP fabric as the border but will experiment tomorrow :thinking:
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Sheilago

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2020, 19:03:04 PM »
I have now made my first block: the Ohio star and assumed that the first four HSTs I made were for the second block, but  now that I’ve read those instructions I see I need 4 x 3 3.5” HSTs for it. I can use the first 4 I made for my own creation, but is this right? Am I being a bit slow on the uptake @Iminei-<

supergran

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2020, 19:32:23 PM »
2nd one done. I hate this scant quarter inch seam!! :scream: