The Sewing Place

Christmas Craft 2020

Efemera

Re: Christmas Craft 2020
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2020, 15:59:47 PM »
What a great idea... love the bright colours.

Lachica

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2020, 17:53:40 PM »
Those are lovely.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

MitchOfTheNorth

« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2020, 06:52:45 AM »
DD1's Christmas pillowcases are done.  DD2's stocking and Christmas pajamas are done.  Mr. Mitch's pillowcase and his stocking are up next. 
Stashbusting 2022
Goal:  50 meters
Total:  32.5 meters

datcat23

« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2020, 20:57:26 PM »
My xmas sewing has been a bit light on this year.  I have changed jobs, and so I don't have the huge team to sew for (my choice) that I have in the past.  For my little team I am in now, I have used some left over gifts from last year (lace covered baubles) as their gifts.

Last weekend, I finished and wrapped my gift to my niece.  A satin and lace nightgown, and matching robe.  The robe pattern had lace on the neckline and sleeves, but I didn't have enough lace, so faced the openings instead.  The pattern is a vintage KwikSew pattern ... probably OOP now. 

Nightgown and robe by Dani, on Flickr

Closeup of the bodice treatment.

The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

datcat23

« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2020, 10:54:14 AM »
This year, after many many years working in the school, I scored a permanent role in the department.  I have actually been acting in the role since this time last year, but now its permanent.  And so, this year, for the first time in over a decade, I have not been planning to sew 25+ gifts for the people at work. 

That being said, the purpose of this topic is for xmas craft planning .... and not doing things at the last minute. 

Rules .... they be for breaking .... aren't they?   :facepalm:

I had planned on giving small gifts to the small team I am part of.  Only 4 people, nice small group, and I used some leftover gifts from last year (embroidered baubles).  Added to this, homemade ginger nuts, fudge and rum balls. 

On Sunday night, I realised that I was attending a farewell at my old work (tomorrow), and decided I wanted to do a gift for the office team I worked with.  Only 4, not that big a job ....  :rolleyes:

Raid the fabric bin, and dig out an old faithful bag pattern.  I didn't buy any new fabric/notions for this .... all from the stash.  4 tote bags, in two days, around my work hours.  WTH was I thinking?

Work xmas gifts by Dani, on Flickr

So here is my old work/new work gifts ready to go.  Just have to add some food goodies to the bags tomorrow.

Work xmas gifts by Dani, on Flickr
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

BrendaP

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2020, 10:53:17 AM »
Today's request - because there haven't been any Christmas fairs to buy any - was a bag of reindeer food.

I used out of date pumpkin seeds, but reindeer aren't fussy, they like any bird seed, lentils etc and it needs a bit of glitter or granulated sugar so that Santa can see it.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Lowena

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2020, 11:28:39 AM »
??????? :S
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Acorn

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2020, 11:56:06 AM »
I think it's probably to leave out for Father Christmas together with his mince pie and sherry on Christmas Eve.   :thumbsup:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lowena

« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2020, 13:55:15 PM »
  :thumbsup:
Triumph of hope over experience :D