The Sewing Place

Christmas Craft 2020

Pearl

Re: Christmas Craft 2020
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2020, 13:50:36 PM »
I picked up some pinecones on my daily penance (walk). When they open up, I will tip them with silver, green and red acrylic paints then pile them in a bowl nearer the time.

DD came home from primary school (almost) every day with a book bag full of pine cones.  Very useful for Christmas Art Day at school. 

MitchOfTheNorth

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2020, 18:11:46 PM »
I'm getting out the spray sealer and coating the mini pink Christmas village.  Then I can add the fake snow and it will be done.  Then, it's finding the navy acrylic paint to cover over a Christmas plate that my mom started.  I have no problem repainting it - if she had liked her results, she would have finished it.  After a new basecoat, I'll drybrush it in silver and spray finish it for sister#3.  More astonishing is that I know exactly where the plate is in the destruction zone that masquerades as my sewing room.
Stashbusting 2022
Goal:  50 meters
Total:  32.5 meters

MitchOfTheNorth

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2020, 06:57:11 AM »
DD2 came home for lunch to me watching a Christmas movie while putting snow on pink Christmas houses.  Village is complete now.  Christmas plate just needs some more silver drybrushing and then a few light coats of gloss sealer.  I'm taking it to Sister#3 when I take DD2 to the airport.
Stashbusting 2022
Goal:  50 meters
Total:  32.5 meters

Sheilago

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2020, 22:15:47 PM »
I’m really not sure what Christmas will be like this year, but in act of defiance to the dreaded virus, I’m crocheting an elf for my granddaughter. I’m sure Santa will still be doing his rounds even if he has to wear gloves and a face covering, so he will need some elves  0_0 Oh, those little thin arms and legs are so fiddly!

wrenkins

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2020, 09:09:11 AM »
Is anyone else thinking about Christmas? I remember some of our US contingent talking about Christmas sewing every month around the 25th and I wondered had anyone else given it any thought? I'm feeling the need for fiddly gifty things so if anybody has any good ideas I'm all eyes.  8)
Got any pics to cheer us all up?  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

annieeg

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2020, 09:20:29 AM »
Is anyone else thinking about Christmas? I remember some of our US contingent talking about Christmas sewing every month around the 25th and I wondered had anyone else given it any thought? I'm feeling the need for fiddly gifty things so if anybody has any good ideas I'm all eyes.  8)
Got any pics to cheer us all up?  :)
I echo the above, particularly if anyone has any ideas for a suitable make for an 18th month old little girl?

wrenkins

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2020, 09:28:56 AM »
18 month olds are the best. They think everything is brilliant!  :laughing: What about something like an I spy quilt. Just simple squares with lots of things to point at? Have we seen you on the darkside @annieeg? It's nicer than it sounds.  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Efemera

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2020, 09:36:08 AM »
I should be in full Christmas crafting mode getting ready for Christmas Fairs....I’ve done nothing.

wrenkins

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2020, 09:38:20 AM »
@Efemera I thought you were a cert!!!  :o

Acorn

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2020, 09:54:57 AM »
@annieeg I second @wrenkins' thoughts.  Anything (clothing, quilts, playmats - anything) where you can say 'Where's the bunny?'  'Which bit is green?' is brilliant with an 18 month old.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Efemera

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2020, 10:02:16 AM »
@Efemera I thought you were a cert!!!  :o
I’m not doing any fairs this year @wrenkins ...too risky in my opinion, that’s if there going ahead which I doubt.
I may sell a few things on FB

annieeg

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2020, 15:59:56 PM »
@wrenkins @Acorn   
Here's a picture of an alphabet panel which I'm thinking of quilting and giving to my great-niece for xmas (plus some other bits I might make).  Presumably if I use quiilt batting it could be used for either a small playmat or a wall hanging?   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

wrenkins

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2020, 16:03:11 PM »
That looks great @annieeg. You could put big borders on if you wanted to make it bigger. I don't know what size it is but a play mat sounds like a good plan.

Acorn

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2020, 16:33:07 PM »
Absolutely!    :thumbsup:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

annieeg

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2020, 15:39:57 PM »