Lovely @Efemera. I love the barn quilts too :D

fajita

Re: Quilts - almost free to good homes
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2020, 18:13:39 PM »
Looks lovely, @Efemera

Deafoldbat

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2020, 19:41:17 PM »
@Iminei Each 'block' of LeilaMay's quilt is made of 9x9patches; 5 with 5 darks and 4 lights, and 4 with 4 darks and 5 lights. Each 9-patch finishes 3" square, so each of those squares finishes 1".

I'm not sure how long it took in actual hours, because I don't go at it all day every day, but iirc, I started it in October, and sewed the binding on on Xmas Day - no one else in our house gets up early if they can help it, and we don't make a big thing of Xmas.

@Efemera looks nice and comfy, but yes, please bring them in at night! :) I like your barn quilts.

Iminei

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2020, 20:08:10 PM »
More Questions Im afraid @Deafoldbat  .... as Im in total awe ... did you strip piece the squares???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Efemera

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2020, 21:16:17 PM »
OMG @Deafoldbat  I wouldn’t dream of leaving them outside, Most of the time they’re on my little armchair in the kitchen looking very country.

Deafoldbat

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2020, 19:46:30 PM »
@Iminei I don't strip piece things very often, I fact I can't remember the last time I did. Those long strips can distort and the seams can wobble. Also. I like to mix up the background fabrics so that eg all the pink ones aren't all paired with the same neutral. I tend to start with what I've got, then see what other colours I need to add to the mix. This used to be easy when I had a quilt shop locally, but she packed up a couple of years ago (because God told her to!), but now I have to rely on kind friends who will take me out to shops or fairs, or mail order  :\

Iminei

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2020, 20:45:32 PM »
but now I have to rely on kind friends who will take me out to shops or fairs, or mail order  :\

Or peeps who are overflowing with scraps ??? but Im thinking you want to bring this madness to an end ???
If Im not right please give me your address and I will gladly send my scraps yourwards to make into more spectacular quilty things

Lilian

« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2020, 14:44:53 PM »
@Deafoldbat Thank you, thank you, thank you!  My quilts arrived today!  I am absolutely delighted with them  :loveit:. they are airing at the moment and I will post pics soon when they have settled in.  I can't figure how you made "Three of a kind"  I am in awe   :faints: :toast:
Willing but not always able :)

Iminei

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2020, 15:41:24 PM »
Looking at your album there are just TWO Numbers 7 and 17 that have not been labelled Rehomed ...

Whom are you waiting on ???

Cmon ... Get your details to DOB and lets finish this!

Deafoldbat

« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2020, 19:03:35 PM »
@Lilian - smoke and mirrors, how else? 
Actually, a lot of muttering and some partial seams. Glad they've arrived safely. Enjoy!

Lilian

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2020, 20:01:03 PM »
@Deafoldbat  it's incredible! Such lovely work. I hope to be able to make something that beautiful - one day  :thinking:

annieeg

« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2020, 15:19:04 PM »
Here are my two beautiful quilts created by DOB  <3
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Celia

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2020, 15:48:30 PM »
They are beautiful, you are a lucky girl

Lilian

« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2020, 16:54:15 PM »
These are my beautiful quilts created by DOB.  They are now very happily rehomed and settling in nicely.  Thank you @Deafoldbat I have never owned a handmade quilt before and I will treasure these gorgeous ones  :loveit:

Celia

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2020, 17:33:52 PM »
The quilt with all the little squares in the post by Lilian can I ask @Deafoldbat how did you sew them together, I am very attracted to this type of quilt where everything is the same but I don’t really know how to start, as I'm now retired I would love to try.