Quilts - almost free to good homes

SkoutSews

Re: Quilts - almost free to good homes
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2020, 20:50:32 PM »
I shall live in hope  :D

Sewot

« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2020, 11:43:48 AM »
I think I am too late for the party but I would like to buy a quilt from you and I will pay the postage to Australia.
They are beautiful works of art.
I will pay your asking price.
Pete

TartanPaint

« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2020, 12:21:31 PM »
I think I am too late for the party but I would like to buy a quilt from you and I will pay the postage to Australia.
They are beautiful works of art.
I will pay your asking price.
Pete

I've been coming back to this thread to see if all the quilts are gone too. Some of them were beautiful.

So, @Deafoldbat , if you still have any and you're willing to part with them could you get in touch, please?

I'd say the same also goes for any other quilters looking to get rid of anything and, I hope it goes without saying, but I'll happily pay up for them.

:)
"....I had a feeling you were up to mischief, now behave yourself...."

Iminei

« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2020, 15:04:41 PM »
@TartanPaint  ... Why buy when you could make one of your own ????  :devil:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2020, 15:46:13 PM »
he's gonna @Iminei. He just doesn't know it yet.  :devil:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Deafoldbat

« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2020, 19:15:10 PM »
Three months ago, someone reserved two quilts. Since then I have had no contact with her, despite PMs, personal emails and text message asking her to get in touch. She hasn't been on the forum since 16 June.

I am now cancelling her reservations. These quilts are now available again

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nPEkz9W3tCN4VLHH8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cPaLic4sPhs5HqTr6

Given the (flattering) previous level of interest in these quilts and to spread any disappointment evenly, there will be a draw for these quilts. The 'winners' must refund postage costs and make a donation to charity.

If you are interested, please PM me before midnight on 24 September. If you have a preference for one over the other please say so. Our overseas members are welcome to join in but should bear in mind the probably very expensive postage costs they would incur should their name come up.

The 'winners' will be notified on 30 September.

Any questions - please ask.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 19:23:25 PM by Deafoldbat »

wrenkins

« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2020, 20:03:25 PM »
@TartanPaint get your dibs in!
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

TartanPaint

« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2020, 22:44:59 PM »
@wrenkins

Thanks for the heads-up. That second one is the one I really wanted too.

I can't be arsed with draws and the like. I've never been into anything like that. Always makes me feel like a dog on an obedience course with the promise of a treat at the end. So, one less person to spread the disappointment around with.

Best of luck to everyone who enters, though; those are some quality quilts.

@Deafoldbat Beautiful work on the quilts. Someone is going to be very pleased.

:)

Deafoldbat

« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2020, 12:32:34 PM »
@TartanPaint I would agree with you about a draw, but I'm trying to be fair to the people who missed out earlier because they weren't poised to pounce the moment the post went up.  I wasn't expecting the reaction I got - I thought maybe a few would go eventually - but they were in like Flynn... (and are again!)

TartanPaint

« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2020, 13:25:12 PM »
@TartanPaint I would agree with you about a draw, but I'm trying to be fair to the people who missed out earlier because they weren't poised to pounce the moment the post went up.  I wasn't expecting the reaction I got - I thought maybe a few would go eventually - but they were in like Flynn... (and are again!)

Well, for what it's worth, that blue and white one is exquisite. I'd buy it off you in a second but I also appreciate your willingness to ensure fairness. Someone is going to get away with a prize that's for sure.

:\

Deafoldbat

« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2020, 11:26:18 AM »
Thank you to everyone who expressed interest in the two remaining quilts.

The 'winners' have now been notified; if you haven't heard from me I'm afraid you were out of luck this time. However, as I now have an (almost) empty cupboard I can start to fill it up again (though this may take some time) so in due course I may have more quilts to rehome...

Iminei

« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2020, 11:39:04 AM »
Okay, Fess up ... Who are the lucky Two????

Pics in the quilts new homes would be lovely  ;)

SingingSinger

« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2020, 19:35:07 PM »
Okay, Fess up ... Who are the lucky Two????

Pics in the quilts new homes would be lovely  ;)

I'm one of the lucky winners  :dance: I will definitely take a picture of 'Long May She Wave' in its new home. I'm pretty sure the colours will go beautifully in our lounge or bedroom so we'll see where it wants to live!  :thumbsup:  :D
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

Iminei

« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2020, 20:15:37 PM »
Congrats SS ... Hows YOUR quilt coming???

SingingSinger

« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2020, 20:47:06 PM »
Congrats SS ... Hows YOUR quilt coming???

Almost finished! I'm hand sewing the binding down and am about 2/3 of the way round  :D
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)