The Sewing Place

Phoenix tshirt

datcat23

Phoenix tshirt
« on: June 20, 2020, 08:53:46 AM »
What do you do when you have more than a dozen items on your to-do list?  Why you cut out something completely different of course, and sew it up. 

This is my TNT (tried n true pattern) for a tshirt. Jalie Raglan shirt.  I make so many of these, replacing them as they wear out.  The fabric is a panel and coordinate that I purchased online from a store that no longer exists.  The panel wasn't quite wide/long enough, so I needed to add some of the coordinate to the sides, and a little bit at the front neck.

Phoenix tshirt. by Dani, on Flickr

The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

Vezelay

Re: Phoenix tshirt
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 09:55:50 AM »
Ooh, I want one like that! Your panel is just gorgeous and the coordinating fabric is perfect. I have that pattern, just been waiting for inspiration :) :thumbsup:

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 11:55:46 AM »
Ooh that’s very different.  I saw some knit panels online some time ago. Of course I didn’t make a note of it.  :facepalm:

Flobear

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 14:14:53 PM »
Fab - u - lous! @datcat23
I couldn't wear those colours but love them and the way you've used the fabrics.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

annieeg

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 15:11:12 PM »
@datcat23   WOW! 

Helen M

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 19:43:11 PM »
That is gorgeous @datcat23!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55