Re: Official Japanese Sewalong
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2017, 10:25:36 AM »
It's all the rage dear, do keep up lol

[I've never bought any it's mad expensive!]
C'est moi!

BrendaP

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2017, 10:53:08 AM »
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Catllar

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2017, 23:56:23 PM »
Oh you swine Imi!   :devil: I hadn't seen that site. the plain  colours are lush.

Have a google of Nano Iri and see the gorgeous almost watercolour prints.

I bought some last year ( no 2 years back ) and made a skirt and a boxy top. Lovely stuff to sew with but a bit warm for here in the summer. If I get any more I'll have to think more carefully what I make. But I'm not getting any more - no.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 00:00:18 AM by Catllar »
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Iminei

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2017, 06:35:16 AM »
Oh you swine Imi! 

???!!!??? :[

What me ???

I just went to our local Emporia and bought some floppy fabric ... I didn't realise it had to be Actual Japanese fabric   :o
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 09:02:50 AM »
... But I'm not getting any more - no.

Of course you're not Catllar.   ;)  You will show us the pictures, won't you?

And another one here who is delighted and distraught to have another lovely online fabric shop added to the ever lengthening list.   :|
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Francesca

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 09:55:30 AM »
Errrrmmm...

I'm in.

When do we post the first pic of the ingredients, so to speak?
And can we practice before 1st June ???

You can practice on other fabrics before the 1st, they just can't form any of your final make/submission. That must be entirely constructed after the 1st. 

Catllar

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2017, 20:11:27 PM »
Of course you're not Catllar.   ;)  You will show us the pictures, won't you?

And another one here who is delighted and distraught to have another lovely online fabric shop added to the ever lengthening list.   :|

Not going to give in on this one - I have so much blue in my wardrobe and almost all has spots of some sort. I don't wear peach and the pink is too greyed so, despite all the lushness I'm being good.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Lilian

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2017, 20:20:08 PM »
I am very interested in this  :), but...  I have a lot of other things to do and don't know if I have time to complete it.  I've been to the local fabric shop today and among other things I was looking for anything Japanese  :o.  I really like the double gauze that Iminei posted but would need a pattern. 

Question, has it got to be a garment or could it be anything fabric?  :vintage:

Scrap that last sentence, i read the first post!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 20:22:30 PM by Lilian »
Willing but not always able :)

b15erk

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2017, 08:43:42 AM »
I'm out I'm afraid :(  I've so much other stuff to catch up on.  I haven't even got an entry ready for the White Sewalong yet.

Wish I had more time.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Francesca

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2017, 09:12:51 AM »
Not even time for a nice pair of pants?  :'(

b15erk

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2017, 09:18:54 AM »
I wish Fran!  I have to address computer problems at work, so I can't slope off into the front room to do cutting out, and some surreptitious sewing!  Computer is running like a slug again, so I can't put it off any longer.

I get on with sewing machines, I don't get on with recalcitrant PC's.  ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Iminei

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2017, 09:33:24 AM »
Computer is running like a slug again,

hahahahahaa...
I wish I'd thought of that description for mine last week!

I was tearing my hair out as it took aaaaaggges to load a single page then Mr Im came to my rescue by taking my debit card to the local PC world and buying  a warpdrive thingmy which he installed and  my laptop is now faster than the speed of sound!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2017, 09:52:04 AM »
Wish I could do that with my truly horrendous broadband speed.  (0.2mbps anyone?  0.9 on a very rare good day.  :\ )
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

BajaSusana

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2017, 15:20:40 PM »
Here is my fabric. I have had it about a year. We were in my favorite fabric store. The one with the faux zebra upholstered couches for husbands to nap on!
 This lovely fabric was at the door on a stand with several rolls of exotic (expensive) fabrics.
My Beloved stopped, pulled out a foot or two of this fabric and exclaimed "This is so beautiful. If I liked fabric I would buy it just to have!"
 He was not drugged or coerced, he said it.
 And I bought it!
This is a lovely store with all of the gorgeous, jewel toned silks on rolls on the walls looking like liquid magic. He is always dazzled by the colors.
  So here is my fabric:

And I want to make a Lutterloh duster that will end up having the flavor of  one of Miss Fisher's .
The fabric is silk tulle embroidered with silk.
I cannot decide whether to  have the scalloped edge as center front or hem. This is not the widest of fabric.

Unlike my daughter that refuses to ever enter a fabric store again because she claims to be traumatized  because as a child had  to wait for me to have fabric cut, or  to stand in line with extra coupons that clearly said "one per family". My Beloved will gladly go fabric shopping with me.
My daughter will go fabric shopping when I visit her in Dallas if there is a Starbucks within a mile!