The Sewing Place

Plum coloured trousers

Silver Rose

Plum coloured trousers
« on: June 22, 2020, 09:40:02 AM »
I've started to cut out these trousers using McCall's 6901,  the fabric is a plum/maroon smooth, tightly woven cotton with a little stretch. I do away with the fly front and and put a zip in the centre back, I am using a contrast in a lighter weight cotton for the waist facings and the pocket. I haven't been able to cut out the legs yet, I've only done the small pieces. The sciatica of yesterday is OK (so far) today so I'll try to do some more today - how I hate this slow progress :(  but I have to do what I can when I can.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Still learning

wrenkins

Re: Plum coloured trousers
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 10:22:45 AM »
@Silver Rose you may see it as slow progress but I always admire you for your tenacity. While I'm fannying about threatening to do stuff you are slowly and steadily churning out beautiful garments. I once started to make a pair of wool trousers in a very similar shade to that and never finished them. See what I mean?
I'm looking forward to seeing yours and listening to your progress one wee bit at a time.  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Silver Rose

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 10:32:20 AM »
Aw thanks @wrenkins I do find it hard not to crack on and sew all day like I used to, I am known for my stubborness but I like tenacity better. I am getting uncomfortable sitting here now so I'll go off and make the bed, yeah I know it's halfway through the morning ;)
Did you ever get the purple cape out of the UFO bag?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 10:36:08 AM by Silver Rose »
Still learning

wrenkins

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 10:38:55 AM »
Him indoors is a great man for finishing things. He just keeps gooooiiiing! I get cheesed off. He says, as a retired farrier, 'you can't leave a horse with three shoes'!  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Silver Rose

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 11:04:21 AM »
Cutting out done and darts, front and back seams tacked ready to sew when I've threaded the machine up. No sewing today though, too tired and too sore.
Still learning

annieeg

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 17:49:53 PM »
@Silver Rose
Love that colour plum.
Where did you find the tightly woven cotton with slight stretch!

Silver Rose

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 09:52:21 AM »
@annieeg I  bought it online from Croft Mill, I have had several purchases from them and haven't been disappointed with anything. All my makes this year have been from them.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 10:15:52 AM »
A bit more progress yesterday, I sewed the front and back darts and the front and back seams, the zip is tacked in. I was waiting for another reel of thread to come, I'd asked my friend to pop into the local Franklin's for me. So I can now carry on sewing today, next job after zip will be the pockets.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 14:40:40 PM »
I've put the zip in and have sewn the pockets in, I was too tired and hungry to do any more, another day tomorrow.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 10:07:31 AM »
Tacked and ready to check the fit. I even managed the top stitching on the pockets without a wobble.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2020, 12:29:27 PM »
Tried them on and fit is OK so to the sewing machine after lunch.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2020, 13:28:35 PM »
On the last lap now, the fit was OK'd  by me and my friend yesterday, the waist facing is tacked and ready for me to get off the sofa and get the sewing machine ready to finish the job.
I'm not promising anything as I'm feeling a bit tired.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2020, 12:27:45 PM »
Finished except for hand sewing the hems and a final press. Now, what's next?
Still learning

Acorn

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2020, 12:32:04 PM »
A crumble coloured top to go with them...?   ;)   :loveit:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Silver Rose

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2020, 13:42:59 PM »
With a custard coloured scarf maybe @Acorn
Still learning