The Sewing Place

Hot weather clothing and bedding

Ohsewsimple

Re: Hot weather clothing and bedding
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2020, 11:59:21 AM »
Hurrah, I'm not alone.  Most people look at me weirdly when I say only white bedding will do! 0_0

0_0 0_0. White duvet covers too. And only white towels.  Makes choosing easier.  And you know when they’re dirty!   I saw some hotel inspector on tv say hotel towels should be white for that very reason. 

Nevis5

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2020, 12:47:10 PM »
Oh me, too, @Missie   although I admit to having coloured borders on mine from the White Company.  And I have white towels myself but DH is incapable of using them without making them filthy (doesn't wash his hands properly after digging over the allotment  :angry: ) so he has his own set of coloured towels.  Still get as dirty but I don't have to see them.  :devil:

Catllar

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2020, 14:03:36 PM »
We're white linens only too - Easy for washing and you can mix and match beds too.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

grannysyb

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2020, 08:48:35 AM »
White linen sheets with a cotton blanket for cooler nights, cba with pyjamas, always nighties, short in summer and long in winter. Only have white bedding.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2020, 09:39:38 AM »
I have black cats. White bedding will never do.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

grannysyb

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2020, 09:55:07 AM »
White linen sheets with a cotton blanket for cooler nights, cba with pyjamas, always nighties, short in summer and long in winter. Only have white bedding.

Missie

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2020, 10:00:20 AM »

Ooh can't be doing with nighties, getting tangled round legs or riding up.  No, absolutely not.  PJs all the way here.

BrendaP

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2020, 10:20:19 AM »
And I have white towels myself but DH is incapable of using them without making them filthy (doesn't wash his hands properly after digging over the allotment  :angry: ) so he has his own set of coloured towels.  Still get as dirty but I don't have to see them.  :devil:

A friend of mine whose daugher is was married to a black Zimbabwean man said that he always had his own coloured towels because no matter how well he washed his hands, or any other part of his body, teeny bits of skin came of when rubbed leaving dark brown marks on the towels.  I guess that's true for everyone, it just doesn't show so much with pale skin.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Celia

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2020, 10:50:32 AM »
White bedding for me too :loveit:

Catllar

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2020, 11:12:01 AM »
A friend of mine whose daugher is was married to a black Zimbabwean man said that he always had his own coloured towels because no matter how well he washed his hands, or any other part of his body, teeny bits of skin came of when rubbed leaving dark brown marks on the towels.  I guess that's true for everyone, it just doesn't show so much with pale skin.

Would never have thought of that!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Nevis5

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2020, 12:24:17 PM »

Gosh, really, @BrendaP  ? That's interesting!  But my DH is just careless and mucky.  Sigh.

Iminei

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2020, 20:15:55 PM »
Here the temperature dropped to a chilly 29  yesterday morning  as it's now  almost what the Balinese call winter, and they're all wearing hoodies and gloves and sweatshirts!

I remember on my last (I think) holiday to Kenya ... my most favourite place in the whole world ...
It was 3am (ish) on a stifling night and I got up for a breath of air on the balcony  ... in fact, as I recall, I got up for a walk around the hotel grounds and found in the doorway of a private (unoccupied) villa) a security guard wrapped up in a heavy overcoat and scarf!!!!

His name was Mowgli (seriously!!!!) and he was cold  :faints:  He also carried a bow and arrow ... I asked him why?
he demonstrated, shooting the arrow into a far off palm tree .. and said (i kid you not here) Its much quieter than a gun!

I miss Kenya!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 21:58:04 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

UttaRetch

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2020, 21:16:06 PM »
White bedding and towels.  :S  Presumably, I'm supposed to iron them, too.

Going back to keeping cool, I saw an advertisement for Chillmax pillow and am thinking of giving it a go.  I might get three hours of unbroken sleep.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2020, 08:23:52 AM »
Don't worry peeps, today is the last day of high temps so this will no longer be a problem after tonight..... doom monger, moi?!
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

UttaRetch

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2020, 08:34:52 AM »
Hooray.  I am tired of sitting in a pool of sweat and lying on a bed of fire.