The Sewing Place

Purse

RJR_38

Purse
« on: June 23, 2020, 06:56:16 AM »
I have made quite a few bags which I have enjoyed but wanted to have a go at making a purse. I thought it would be harder being smaller and fiddlier so I used up bits from my stash as a tester rather than fabrics I really liked.

Oh my goodness it was so much easier. The pattern was fantastic (Spencer Ogg pattern) and designed for domestic machines so there was no swearing at the machine as it skipped stitches hand cranking it round bulky bits!

Now I know how easy this pattern is I shall be 'pimping it up' and adding extra bits and using fancy hardware etc!  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Acorn

Re: Purse
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 09:26:34 AM »
Wow!  That's brilliant!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lilian

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 10:43:48 AM »
Double wow! It's beautiful  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Ellabella

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 10:48:16 AM »
That’s lovely, I really want to have a go at bag and purse making, you’ve spurred me on @RJR_38.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 10:49:36 AM »
That's great!

annieeg

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 11:56:41 AM »
Very impressive  :thumbsup:

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 12:09:09 PM »
Very nice.  Not too big either.  Might be a bit quicker than these I have. 

For anyone interested there's also these nice patterns
https://www.chriswdesigns.com/product/the-penny-inn-pdf-pattern/
https://emmalinebags.com/products/the-necessary-clutch-wallet-pdf

I’ve made a couple of the NCW's and my mum is always being asked where she got hers from.  I took one on holiday once and put it on the dining table.  A lady next to me asked where I got it and when I said I made it she asked if I’d make her one too.  Nooooo not worth my while. 
So be warned!   :)

Iminei

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 13:59:20 PM »
WOW WOW WOW ... You MADE that ????? WOWEE!!!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

sewingj

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2020, 15:06:40 PM »
Looks amazing and a really sensible layout.  I`m fed up with buying purses which don`t actually hold the things you need to put in them.
Do you know it`s name?  I can`t see one quite like it on their website
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 15:08:53 PM by sewingj »

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2020, 15:15:58 PM »

RJR_38

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2020, 21:32:24 PM »
That’s the one! Next time I make one I am going to put 2 sets of credit card holders in it (she tells you how to do this). I also like it as it fits my phone in exactly as well so could be useful as a small evening bag on holiday (when you just need your phone, room key and cash!). You can add a wrist strap as well.

@Ohsewsimple I have been looking at the NCW but not sure if I would use it as it is too it for a purse but too small for a bag (if that makes sense).

@Ellabella I have only been bag making about a year but am enjoying it. I could do with a machine with more ‘grunt’ to make some of them but am realising it is about choosing the right pattern. This is nice as it doesn’t need much hardware either

Mr Twingo

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020, 22:15:30 PM »
That's really lovely.  :toast:

Greybird

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2020, 22:48:20 PM »
Nice to see you back @Mr Twingo !

Vezelay

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2020, 08:00:29 AM »
You should get commission @RJR_38. I couldn't resist investing. It's just the sort of gift I love to make - and I definitely need one for myself! :)

RJR_38

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2020, 21:46:42 PM »
I love making things like this too. I started one this afternoon for my aunt, using liberty print fabrics. Will post pic tw when finished.

I have the most amazing bee twist-lock I want to use on a purse for myself but need to find the right fabric first..l