The Sewing Place

Help wanted please

maliw

Help wanted please
« on: June 23, 2020, 14:14:01 PM »
Ok all you super sleuths, I'm making a quilt for DGD2 ( all the other littlies have had one) the colours I'm using or hoping to use are pink, grey, cream, navy and ---------- a pale copper colour but I can't find anything. A shimmery fabric would be okay as that is what is on her wallpaper, any ideas gratefully received.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Iminei

Re: Help wanted please
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 14:27:32 PM »
How much do you need ????
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

maliw

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 18:54:29 PM »
I'm not too sure as I haven't decided what I'm going to do. Possibly QAYG and use it for the sashing as the same colour is used on her wallpaper between triangles. What I usually do is get the fabrics and then decide.

Lisalou1965

If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time

maliw

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 15:12:12 PM »
Thanks @Lisalou1965  yes they are a bit too dark/ orange. I've been thinking it may be a bit more towards a rosegold but I don't think it's going to be easy to match.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 17:35:14 PM by Iminei »

maliw

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 15:21:20 PM »
I found some Riley Blake rose gold stripe so I've sent for a fat quarter, if it's ok I'll know I'm on the right track with the colour but I don't know if stripe is what I want until a) I see it or b) I cut it out and start with the pieces. I wish we had  a quilting shop nearby.

maliw

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 16:28:14 PM »

Iminei

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 17:36:41 PM »
Let me photograph something I have ... just a metre of ... Tomorrow ok?

maliw

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2020, 19:13:52 PM »
No rush @Iminei thank you.

wrenkins

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 21:14:53 PM »
@maliw I found copper stuff here. No idea if it would be suitable but I've ordered from them and can recommend!
You get an organza bag to keep your stuff in but I was not swayed by that! Definitely not!  :[ Not even when I ordered the next time.... :faints: Nor will I be this time either.  :|
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Missie

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2020, 10:42:51 AM »
You get an organza bag to keep your stuff in but I was not swayed by that!

@wrenkins , I was just going to say I now buy my yarn from Wool Warehouse as a) they are an excellent service and b) they too send their yarn out in lovely organza bags ............ :D

wrenkins

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2020, 10:48:00 AM »
@Missie I thought it was going to be a wee dopey thing but it'll hold a whole project's worth of bits.  :loveit: Their prices and P&P are very competitive too.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2020, 11:33:26 AM »
Bugger ... completely forgot about this .. let me turf it out now and take a pic ... watch this space ...

I'mmmm baaack .. @maliw

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

They are called Metallica by Paula Nadelstern for Bernatex ...

I have a full metre of the purpley one but strangely only 10 1/2" wof of the red/copper one ... but I can't think for the life of me what I have used it for????!!!

Pics show the reverse at the top so you can gauge the colour beneath the silvery scales.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 14:58:05 PM by Iminei »

maliw

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2020, 14:39:57 PM »
Thank you @wrenkins and @Iminei for your time and trouble, sadly neither will fit the bill - too dark/orange. The Riley Blake fabric arrived and it is still a bit on the dark side (no pun intended). I think I will have to wait and see if I can match it at Abakhan in their rems or see if CalicoLaine have anything. I don't think I will be able to see what I want online.

Lilian

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2020, 22:36:33 PM »
@maliw does it need to be plain?  I found this

Willing but not always able :)