The Sewing Place

Contests in 2020 - here we go

Starryfish

Re: Contests in 2020 - here we go
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2020, 17:10:02 PM »
@Manuela , when exactly do the wardrobing competitions run? Is it Jan to Jun, then July to December?
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Manuela

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2020, 00:58:29 AM »
@Starryfish, that information is in the schedule (be,ow and first post)  ;)

« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 08:21:20 AM by Iminei »

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2020, 12:12:24 PM »
@Manuela this is a fabulous selection of contests! You have really outdone yourself with this. Don't get your hopes up too high but I can think of projects for most all of them 'cepting the shirts. Although I'm thinking buttondown, you might not be, so I'll wait and see.

Butterflies? As animals? I hadn't gone that far in my mind; I was still picturing the big cats of the jungle , etc. But, this might mean I can actually use one of those insect fabrics I have.... :D Yes, that is plural. One cannot have too many insect fabrics.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2020, 10:50:35 AM »
@Manuela please advise whether this print qualifies for Florals Rule
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Also, would making a garment from a duvet cover qualify for Refashion, Recycle?
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Manuela

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2020, 10:59:31 AM »
@Manuela please advise whether this print qualifies for Florals Rule
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Also, would making a garment from a duvet cover qualify for Refashion, Recycle?
It would indeed @snoozi soozi

Starryfish

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2020, 11:46:06 AM »
@Manuela , will you be posting the rules for the extended competition - 2x 3PAC wardobes soon? I wish to make certain my ideas are within the rules.

Manuela

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2020, 15:17:54 PM »
@Manuela , will you be posting the rules for the extended competition - 2x 3PAC wardobes soon? I wish to make certain my ideas are within the rules.
@Starryfish, I try, but basically it’s just as stated, 2 sets of coordinates (3pcs each) that work well together. Everyone has different needs, indigotiger for example would have pinafores and tops, others would have tops and trousers  :)

Starryfish

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2020, 17:42:10 PM »
Thanks @Manuela , Start date is Feb 1? 

Manuela

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2020, 23:56:05 PM »
I’ll make it February 10th to allow for preparations.  ;)

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2020, 03:02:59 AM »
@Manuela is the Autumn-Winter Wardrobe on schedule for August start or has it been pushed back?  Thanks!

Manuela

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2020, 03:11:22 AM »
@Renegade Sewist, I’ll see that I get around it later today. Food hunting for the lockdown starting tomorrow is higher on my priority list. I need to get fruit and vegetables in first, delivery services have stopped.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2020, 03:22:49 AM »
@Renegade Sewist, I’ll see that I get around it later today. Food hunting for the lockdown starting tomorrow is higher on my priority list. I need to get fruit and vegetables in first, delivery services have stopped.

@Manuela don't even worry about it!  Get your household supplied asap. I've been working on the same thing here. We can still get deliveries but are on the verge of another lockdown and flu season will soon be here. Getting in supplies of some items for the remainder of the year seemed practical. Thought I might actually get some sewing done as well and this would be ideal.

Just knowing the wardrobe is happening is enough for now. We can proceed with gathering fabric and patterns etc. for now.