The Sewing Place

THINK PINK ... 1/7 - 31/7

Manuela

Re: THINK PINK ... 1/7 - 31/7
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2020, 10:04:02 AM »
2 more days to post your entries.... @toileandtrouble  :)

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2020, 11:47:46 AM »
Goth Gardener jacket entry continued

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
I really only wanted to use stuff I already had. Uncombined lace, black tape and machine embroidery too made the embellishments:

I didn't line this, as i wanted  more of a demin jacket look rather than a polished and lined item but am quite pleased with the inside, especially the Hong Kong finish.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 14:22:12 PM by Manuela »
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2020, 11:53:36 AM »
Goth Gardiner’s entry

A Chanel style jacket with almost Goth style trims. Made for me.

Pattern was originally vogue 7975. Over the years I have tweaked it, including shortening the shoulder and increasing the size of the armsythe and sleeve.  I shortened the sleeve and drafted a cuff.  The "flare" at the b bottom is an addition for this pattern as I wanted the length but didn't have enough fabric.

Fabric was a piece of pink demin with a black weft (or is it the other way around?), left over from making a dress..

Just as I was finishing part of the lace tore, so had to do a quick repair, it was on the front obviously!

« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 13:51:52 PM by Manuela »
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

Manuela

« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2020, 14:20:31 PM »
@Goth Gardiner, I’ll combine the two posts as your entry and deleted the ‘accidents’  :)

toileandtrouble

« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2020, 21:03:32 PM »
Toileandtrouble's Entry

I wanted to try out as many mask patterns as possible, so sorted out suitable fabrics. It turns out lots of them were pink and why not.  The picture makes them look greyish  but that must have been the lighting.  The masks I made show the proper colours.

Actually only made five in the end.
  Patterns,  clockwise from the top,
 Gentleman Doll. Made this to match a summer dress  (- 25 tomorrow, so may wear it)
Trend patterns looks like it, but I thought it was from a  Korean/Chinese video.  I thought it gave the option of bagging out or binding the edges and continuing it on to make ties.  Manage to lose the 'address' although I have the printout pattern.  The outer is pink elephants on navy, lined with the pink striped shirting.  It has a filter pocket inside although I don't use it.  This one is the best fit of all of them.
Dhurata Davies  I found the measurent made it a little small, will try a larger size next time.
McCalls.   Easiest of all to make
Sew Much More in Store. Nice and simple, quick.

Pretty pleased with them all, but the 'Trend' one fitted best for me. Had to measure the elastic length individually for each type, the measurements suggested sometimes a little loose, sometime tight. Must depend on the type of elastic as well as the individual head.  Since the close date I have received a delivery of adhesive aluminium strips to fit the top edge better, but not had a chance to fit them yet. Still waiting for some tiny toggles which would make it possible to adjust the elastic to fit while wearing.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:37:47 PM by toileandtrouble »
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m