The Sewing Place

THINK PINK ... 1/7 - 31/7

toileandtrouble

Re: THINK PINK ... 1/7 - 31/7
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2020, 06:54:20 AM »
House still covered in dust, all items in wrong piles.   :scream:   Somewhere I have parts of a very small item which I will finish., if I can locate all the pieces.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2020, 11:54:25 AM »
My pink boilersuit is finished just need to enter it and post the pics  :thumbsup:

Wow pink boilersuit!

Lowena

« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2020, 11:55:29 AM »
Just starting my pink and cream quilt......better late than never :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2020, 07:38:57 AM »
Ooooh Looking forward to that!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2020, 15:19:17 PM »
SewRuthieSews's Entry

Pink and white variegated twinset
The cardigan is the Style Arc Nina.
I made some changes on my last version which worked well so this time I incorporated them into the tissue.
(Alterations  - dropped the waistline at the back round to the front. by about 1.5" at the back and .5" at the front. The waistline sits in a better place on me now. Also altered the direction of the neckband so its cut with max stretch going along the length, easier to ease and gives  great visual vertical line down the front.)
I used four different sewing machine for this (perhaps overkill!). The main seams are sewn on a standard sewing machine and then overlocked for a clean finish.
The outer edges of the collar/peplum are finished with a rolled hem done on the other overlocker and the sleeve hem is done on the coverstitch.
The Nina takes quite a lot of fabric so there was not a lot left, just enough to squeeze out a little cap sleeve tee. No real pattern used here, it is basically a slightly shaped rectangle with a neckband applied.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 16:46:31 PM by Iminei »

Kenora

« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2020, 16:40:47 PM »
Kenora's First Entry

Coral Pink Raglan Top
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

The pattern I used is Butterick 6690 which is a basic raglan top styled for stretch knits. The fabric is a very fine jacquard knit - with absolutely no stretch whatsoever! I bought it from Guthrie & Ghani at the beginning of the year. If you look closely you can see that it has little cacti all over it - they are knitted into the fabric.

I made a few changes to the pattern - shortened the length, straightened the side seam, and altered the curve of the neckline. I also redrafted the sleeve as I prefer it to sit more tightly round the upper arm.

I sewed the seams and the topstitching of the raglan with a standard sewing machine, then overlocked everything for neatness, and finished off the hems with the coverstitch. I didn't have any matching thread for the hems so I used rayon embroidery thread. It was a little shiny to begin with but dulled down a bit once I'd pressed it.

The photos aren't brilliant because I haven't mastered my phone properly yet but the top is light and comfortable for the summer - if we get one.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Manuela

« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2020, 01:36:37 AM »
We got 4 entries so far  :dance:

Lachica

« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2020, 06:51:05 AM »
My new top is pink on blue background - would that count?
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Sheilago

« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2020, 08:11:44 AM »
@Iminei , @Manuela , here is my pink baby quilt. I’m not sure how to enter it ‘officially’ It was made using fabric from my stash, with cotton wadding and backed with pink dimple cuddle fleece. The design is based on one I found online called Babe in the Woods, by Rachel Shelburne.
At present, I have no one in mind to give it to, but I know of 5 babies due before the end of the year, so it will be a play quilt for someone!
 It went together fairly easily and as usual, with baby quilts, I was trying to use as many different fabrics as possible to give baby interesting things to look at. I had a little bit of unpicking to deal with minor puckers on the back as cuddle fleece can be a little tricky to deal with. ( You can never have too many pins!) I’m not sure about the owl fabric in one of the rectangles ( I think it stands out too much) , but my aim is not just to make a pretty quilt, but to make one children enjoy and I know my own grandchildren love looking at all the different images on the fabrics.
I straight line quilted round the main blocks, but then used free motion quilting inside the blocks . Being pink , I could use my old favourite: flowers and leaves, but I tried to do spirals too - think I need more practice at those!

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 09:06:57 AM by Manuela »

Manuela

« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2020, 09:08:51 AM »
@Sheilago, you just entered, all you needed to do is to put up a post here with pictures.
I inserted the pictures in the text, Acorn put a tutorial in the ‘technical issues’ section on how to do that for the next time  :)

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2020, 00:11:51 AM »
I have an entry too my "pink with black lace vaguely goth sort of Chanel jacket"

Once I have managed to resize the photos of course.
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

Manuela

« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2020, 00:26:33 AM »
Ohhhhhh, that sounds very promising @Goth Gardiner

mudcat

« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2020, 01:20:41 AM »
I've lost the will to live sew.  I was doing so well last week with my 20-30 mins per day but since the weekend nada.  I think it's because we're into our hot spell (110F+ zone) and the AC can't even keep up with it.  We have heat warnings until Saturday evening.

However, I may actually finish the top using the same fabric by Friday since it's further along.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2020, 10:14:05 AM »
Snoozi Soozi's entry

I made a jumpsuit using Sew Me Something Cressida pattern. It's viscose which I purchased from the winkelwaggen people last year, and it hangs and drapes beautifully.

I added length to the bodice making mobility and sitting a little easier. I added button tabs to the trouser bottoms to enable me to turn up the hems. And I of course made a matching face mask  ;)

Ommissions were the back pockets and the sleeve cuffs, the fabric is too lightweight for those to be necessary.

I've worn it a few times already and am v chuffed with it, it cheers me up everytime   0_0

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Sheilago

« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2020, 15:01:58 PM »
 “And I of course made a matching face mask  ;)

Lovely @snoozi soozi and the matching face mask will be very stylish! Does this mean we have to choose a coordinating face mask now before leaving the house?  :P A new modern day pressure!  0_0