The Sewing Place

FMQ on a Pfaff Creative 2134

annieeg

FMQ on a Pfaff Creative 2134
« on: June 30, 2020, 17:32:31 PM »
I am trying to free motion quilt on my pfaff creative 2134.
I've read the manual - attached the correct foot, but I CANNOT get it to start sewing. :scream: :scream:
Every time I try and sew with the feed dogs down, it gives me an error to say the feed dogs are down and won't sew.

I've googled and apparently there's a button to press on the 2144 but there's no such button on my 2134.
The manual doesn't tell me to press a particular button either - just says use either straight stitch or zigzag.

I wonder if anyone here has knowledge of the machine and which button I need to press in order for it to sew with the feed dogs down.

any help much appreciated.

Acorn

Re: FMQ on a Pfaff Creative 2134
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 17:37:00 PM »
This is probaby totally irrelevant, but for my Pfaff ClassicStyle 2027 the manual says:

"Free Motion Position:
Lower the presser foot lifter (A) while pushing it lightly to the
rear. This snaps the presser foot lifter into a notch (B) on the
back side of the sewing machine. In this position the thread
tension is engaged for Free Motion Sewing.
• Drop the feed dog.
• Select a straight stitch or a zigzag stitch.
• Keep an even speed, manually move your fabric."
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

annieeg

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 18:19:28 PM »
Thanks @Acorn
I found a similar reference in my manual but I am struggling to get the pressure foot lifter to find any kind of notch to click into.
I'll  :headbang:
try again tomorrow morning .

Kad

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 18:23:26 PM »
My Janome gives the same error message the first time I press the accelerator foot pedal. The solution is to lift foot off pedal completely and immediately press the pedal again. Once it's warned you about the feeddogs and you continue to sew, it presumes that you know what you're doing  :D
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

annieeg

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 12:38:20 PM »
@Kad I'm still struggling.  I think I have to research the whole embroidery option of the Pfaff when I have time.
I'll go back to using the atelier for the FMQ for the time being.

maliw

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 15:44:29 PM »
I FMQ with the feed dogs in place and stitch length at 0 - Leah Day tells you not to touch the feed dogs. I don't have any problems but my machine is a Janome.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

StitchinTime

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 15:57:37 PM »
I have an old Pfaff (made in West Germany which dates it) that has this half way position for darning and FMQ. It took me some time to get the foot in the right position but I think I eventually managed it by pushing the presser foot lever slightly backwards and downwards and it eventually clicked into place.

annieeg

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 15:57:53 PM »
I am back in love with the Pfaff.  I've mastered the FMQ/feed dog issue, and she's working like a dream. 0_0 0_0
(Thank you for the help.)
I played with the embroidery attachment but that didn't go so well - so its put away for another day.