The Sewing Place

Wednesday 1st July - second half of 2020 begins

annieeg

Re: Wednesday 1st July - second half of 2020 begins
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2020, 10:07:32 AM »
Happy anniversary @Ploshkin  :toast:
I woke up at 0840 - again!
Can't imagine why I seem to need about 9 hours sleep lately.
My task today is to see if I can persuade the Pfaff to let me FMQ with the feed dogs down, as it's currently not cooperating.   :(
Have a good day all and to our North American comrades:  happy 4th of July  :toast:

Bjay

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2020, 10:12:21 AM »
Hiya
Happy Canada Day @MitchOfTheNorth
Happy anniversary @Ploshkin

love the flashing bunting - (hint sunday is my 40th (Ruby) anniversary)

I am going to unpick simple quilt again - just found I can't count in numerical order :S

Must not look on Google for anything today dog related - should have learnt that when the cancer thing attacked

First I am going to give orchids a soak and a spray and then out with stitch ripper and on with learning to count!

Have good days  :thumbsup:
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Lowena

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2020, 10:19:47 AM »
Happy Anniversary @Ploshkin .
I don't think,speaking personally , this has been a bad year so far. We've achieved a lot in the house and garden, kept in touch with people and the weather has been good. We also got back from our holiday in Sri Lanka before restrictions.
The only downside for me is that I've done no sewing for weeks....not sure why  :S
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Acorn

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2020, 10:25:53 AM »
I thought that as some of us need to celebrate and others need to be cheered up, we might have a brief change of scenery up at the top.  I hope nobody's eyes are going too swirly... scroll down quickly if they are...  ;)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lowena

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2020, 10:28:16 AM »
It's lovely @Acorn I was just going to mention it. Thank you  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2020, 10:35:29 AM »
Lovely job @Acorn ... Bravo!

And for more cheering up ...

The Sewing Places July  Block of The Month has been released into the wilds of the Darkside!!!!  Woo hoo!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

twopence

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2020, 10:44:24 AM »
Happy Anniversary @Ploshkin and Mr P  :toast:

Happy Canada Day to those over there.  I loved butter tarts.

It’s threatening rain or showers here but non so far so we’d better get out in the front.  OH is going to line the raised bed and then start filling it and I’m going to move some plants into the side bed for now.  First I’ll just do a few chores though.  Lunch is easy and filling sausage and mash.  I could do with a bit of cake making this afternoon and perhaps I’ll get to cut out some more EPP pieces to sew this evening.

Sara-S

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2020, 10:55:28 AM »
It is Canada Day (well almost it's about 10 pm here) - so, put on your party toques, break out the maple syrup, eat some butter tarts, practise your eh's and say sorry at least 10 times today.  Oh, and stay away from the geese - they're evil.
 Since all of the celebrations are cancelled this year, it's all televised and virtual.

I'm not sure what I'll get up to.  Maybe shenanigans.  More likely chores.

@MitchOfTheNorth Hapy Canada Day. My hubby is from Canada too!
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

So Chic

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2020, 11:27:07 AM »
@Ploshkin
Happy Anniversary :toast:
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP with  elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G and Pfaff Overlocker 788 hiding in loft

Manuela

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2020, 12:11:26 PM »
Happy anniversary @Ploshkin  :toast:
 Here the shit hit the fan... All hell has broken loose on Hong Kong Island and the press releases coming from our lords and masters are not helping (putting it mildly).

Apparently we got a birthday pressie, how lovely...

Speaking at a press conference in Beijing, Zhang Xiaoming described the legislation as a “birthday gift” to the city on the 23rd anniversary of the handover.

Security law is a gift from Beijing: Zhang Xiaoming

We were also gifted with the death penalty via the back door
Justice Secretary Teresa Cheng says it is not up to the Hong Kong government to say whether people sent to the mainland over alleged national security violations could face the death penalty.

Under the new legislation, suspects linked to cases in "complicated situations" will be tried in a mainland court, under mainland law.

Not for us to say who could get death penalty: govt

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2020, 12:17:58 PM »
Happy anniversary to Mr and Mrs @Ploshkin. I think several of us have celebrated during lockdown.  Hope you make the most of it. 

Bit cloudy, windy and sunny here.  Washing out and blowing well.  Have done a Morrison’s order and sorted my Tesco order for tomorrow.  Dinner is homemade quorn chilli from the freezer. 

No idea what to do today.   :thinking:

UttaRetch

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2020, 12:37:33 PM »
Got to IKEA early enough to join the queue for opening. 

Navigating the store is worst then ever since everybody is being funnelled one way and then you have to find your own way to the lower hall which is where the things I wanted are located.  The office chair I want continues to be out of stock, but I did buy a 60cmx120cm Linnmon table top and four telescopic legs, which cost over twice as much. 
What goes around comes around.

annieeg

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2020, 12:40:54 PM »
 :loveit: :loveit: the new banner!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 16:39:39 PM by Iminei »

hernibs

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2020, 13:02:31 PM »
Afternoon all - dull and a little light/spitting rain here.  Went to Lidl today - 10 45.....my first shop for three months....what joy to get a big bunch of on the vine tomatoes - loving how cheap a lot of things are compared to other places delivering etc.  Fridge cleaned and all packed away.
Congratulations Mr & Mrs @Ploshkin - hope you can do something to celebrate - go somewhere for fish and chips?
@Manuela - 'Birthday present' indeed - the nerve of them.  Take care.
Other than that - small snack lunch and I am sitting down to watch a tennis re-run - saw a little of the ladies match yesterday - the tennis looks so slow compared to nowadays.
Have a good day all.
Oh and Happy Canada Day!! to you Canadians.

Nevis5

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2020, 13:15:30 PM »
Hi all.  Happy Canada Day to all the Canadians - loved your country last year when we visited a tiny part of it. And a very Happy Anniversary to Mr and Mrs Plosh  :toast: :toast:

@Manuela  words fail me.  Please take care and keep counting the days until you and Mr M can escape  :hug:

Afternoon all!  It keeps raining in between the sunshine here.  More like April showers.  I've been a busy bee this morning; got up before 6 and went for a shortish walk along some new footpaths I've discovered - not so many walkers and joggers out there now.  Then it was the weekly trip to the supermarket - was thrilled to discover a dear old chap there that I've been worrying about - I used to chat to him when we saw him back in 'normal' times and I knew he lived on his own.  Anyway he's fine, has had his son do the shopping for him up until now but had decided to venture out now that things are easing a bit.  I had a nice chat to him, was so relieved that he is still well and coping.

Then it was back to the ranch to do some food prep - got supper done ready for tonight only to be told that DH has a tennis match right at dinner time :(  so now I'm pondering when to serve it, I can't wait until about 9 pm for my supper.

And then my hairdresser rang!!  Yippee!! I have an appointment for 10th July!  Am thrilled, my hair isn't looking too awful as it's dead straight but it will be such a relief to get it tidied up a bit.  Happy Days!

Off to trace off and cut out some more baby clothes for my grandson.  Sadly his mother has decided to cancel his first birthday party now so I still won't see him.  It's been months.  :(

Have a good afternoon everyone!  xx