The Sewing Place

Covering boxes with fabric (so it looks nice)

wrenkins

Re: Covering boxes with fabric (so it looks nice)
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2020, 10:25:42 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnqP9ajUQlU

Well you wouldn't would you?!?!?!  :|  :faints:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2020, 14:47:14 PM »
@wrenkins thanks for that.

I maybe wouldn't quite use their method but removable covers are a really great idea. I think I'd have one piece for the base and another for the sides.
And a version could be used to make basket linings too.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2020, 15:51:21 PM »
Watched a basket lining tutorial as well, and get the concept of the bag better now.
I've found a remnant of fabric large enough to cover 2 boxes so will give it a try.

The fabric needs to be dense enough to cover the box (pattern, colour, cardboard with writing etc) but not too bulky or the seams in the bottom of the box will be lumpy.

I will share how mine come out

Mick

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2020, 23:17:46 PM »
If you can fancy a quick 'n easy solution, then spray-on carpet adhesive might be a way to go.

Cut the fabric to the rough shape of the outside of the box, and then follow the instructions on the spray can.

Trim the fabric corners tight to the corners of the box, or mitre and fold over, envelope style, and stick the overlap down with more of the same adhesive.

Make sure you are 100% happy with the fabric choice though, once it's stuck on with that stuff, it's never coming off.