The Sewing Place

Loungewear

dolcevita

Loungewear
« on: July 06, 2020, 22:55:53 PM »
My old pyjamas are a disgrace and I wanted some that are fit for loafing around on the sofa. These are a mix - the trousers are the excellent Sewaholic tofino lounge pants and the top is an adapted Ottobre top from a few years back. The jersey is from the Dutch supplier, Driessenstoffen and is a lovely bit of fabric. I initially used satin ribbon for the piping on the trousers but it rippled a lot and refused to lie flat, so I ended up using strips of some pink jersey from my stash.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 22:59:28 PM by dolcevita »

mudcat

Re: Loungewear
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 00:55:23 AM »
I love your pants.  Really nice and they look so comfortable.  I might have to give this pattern a try.

Catllar

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 11:32:34 AM »
You could go out in those!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 11:51:34 AM »
Very smart

Flobear

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 14:36:11 PM »
Ooh, that's  bit posh @dolcevita !  I might have to have a look through my drawer of ancient supermarket jim-jams and select a few for the rag bag. Then I'll have to buy some fabric - oh well, I'm sure I can cope  :P
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Lilian

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 16:30:39 PM »
They are lovely @dolcevita I can see me wearing them ;)
Willing but not always able :)

dolcevita

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 17:02:31 PM »
Thank you, ladies, very kind. With all the piping and waistband stuff, there's a reasonable amount of work in the tofino pants for something that (in my case) won't be seen outside the house, but I currently have no loungewear and my sleepwear is an embarrassment and so I thought it worthwhile putting a bit of effort into these.
The paisley jersey is gorgeous - lovely and soft with a slightly silky finish and only €5 per metre. I plan to make some short sleepwear now with the left overs of fabric - shorts and a camisole. I need to see just how much fabric I have left before deciding on the patterns.

wrenkins

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2020, 20:00:29 PM »
Gorgeous @dolcevita  :loveit:

@Tamnymore @Ploshkin DO NOT LOOK! Do not go to Driessenstoffen.  :faints:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Surest1tch

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 20:11:12 PM »
Too nice for PJ's

Ploshkin

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 21:46:49 PM »
@wrenkins its not my fault, you made me look!
I'll need to wheel out my Dutch dictionary but there's a fantastic range of colours of plain jersey there.
Life's too short for ironing.

wrenkins

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2020, 21:57:54 PM »
Click the little Union flag top right @Ploshkin. Near the winkelwagen!
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Ploshkin

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2020, 22:03:54 PM »
I saw the flag and thought that meant I was getting as much English as I was going to get - didn't want to order donker jerseystof and find it wasn't what I was expecting
I'll just have to go and have another look won't I  ;)

Very swish pjs @dolcevita
Life's too short for ironing.

Lilian

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2020, 22:13:42 PM »
I love the paisley fabric, would it be suitable for a day dress? I see they have dark pink paisley, that I would possibly wear. I'm trying to think pink!  :thinking:
Willing but not always able :)

jen

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2020, 06:44:06 AM »
Very nice! Ignoring warnings and bookmarking driessenstoffen  :D

SkoutSews

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2020, 10:04:30 AM »
Lovely stuff! Definitely loungewear, far too good to wear to bed.