The Sewing Place

Loungewear

dolcevita

Re: Loungewear
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2020, 11:19:07 AM »
I love the paisley fabric, would it be suitable for a day dress? I see they have dark pink paisley, that I would possibly wear. I'm trying to think pink!  :thinking:

As long as you're happy with the print. I would describe it as a simplified paisley print. Give me a mo and I'll see if I can post a close up photo.

dolcevita

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2020, 11:21:52 AM »
Here's a close up of the fabric.

Tamnymore

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2020, 11:39:49 AM »
Thanks for the heads up @wrenkins . I'm just firing up the winkelwagen now and it's raring to go!

Actually, of late, I've been somewhat profligate (even by my standards) on the Immanuels FB page (honestly, fabric at £2 pm- how could you not?) and on the Fabricguild site so I'd better leave the winkelwagen parked in the hangar, or wherever it is one parks one's winkelwagen.  0_0
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Lilian

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2020, 11:44:14 AM »
Here's a close up of the fabric.

Thanks @dolcevita

I looked through and found the same fabric but with a more "wear it out" pattern. Is it easy to sew or does it need tissue paper underneath?
  :vintage:
Willing but not always able :)

dolcevita

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2020, 12:00:48 PM »
Thanks @dolcevita

I looked through and found the same fabric but with a more "wear it out" pattern. Is it easy to sew or does it need tissue paper underneath?
  :vintage:

Dead easy. No special treatment other than it has the usual curly edges, but pinning at a right angle to the seam edge controls this well enough. I sewed it on my overlocker, sewing machine and coverstitch and had no problems with any of them.

Lilian

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2020, 12:07:04 PM »
Thanks @dolcevita I might just order some, hopefully for the PINK competition. I don't have a coverstitch but do have an overlocker  :)
Willing but not always able :)