The Sewing Place

Fleece/Wadding/Batting 4oz Polyester.

Sewbusy

Fleece/Wadding/Batting 4oz Polyester.
« on: July 07, 2020, 09:31:00 AM »
I'm not a quilter so I'll describe this as best I can.

Not fleece as most think of it, it is quite stable with a woven backing, has been used for light weight quilting, two layers ave been used and spray basting worked extremely well. Child's quilted floor mat, curtain interlining and bag interlining.

Extremely well behaved in sewing and in use of finished items. @Mike Bateman can testify to this!  He made very large floor length curtains.

Washes perfectly without shrinkage or distortion. Photos depict washed fabric.

166cms wide. £3.00 per metre plus p&p at cost.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Efemera

Re: Fleece/Wadding/Batting 4oz Polyester.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 13:21:34 PM »
Is it curtain bump? ... that is a thick curtain lining. If it is it makes a great design wall for quilters.

Sewbusy

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 15:38:43 PM »
@Efemera  No, not bump, you couldn't 'shred' it, it's unlike anything I've come across before. Mike was thrilled with it for his curtains, They were floor length for a large entrance porch. I've just sold some to a lady who was asking for suggestions for a wadding for a lightweight quilt she made for her husband and he didn't want any too heavy. She said it was ideal.

Keeps it's shape, has body and warmth with bulk, very easy to work with.

annieeg

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 16:35:59 PM »
@Sewbusy
I could be interested in buying some of this but I wonder what the postage charge might be of it's bulky.
Would you have any idea what  4 metre piece might measure?
I

Sewbusy

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 18:04:34 PM »
@annieeg  4 meters weighs approx 1.4Kg. Sending by Hermes  = £4.20. I put 4 metres in a bag, got the trusted vacuum cleaner out.....

I'm happy to send a sample if you'd like to check it first.

annieeg

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 13:30:01 PM »
I bought some of this and I really like it  :thumbsup: