The Sewing Place

Sewing World Patterns

William

Sewing World Patterns
« on: July 08, 2020, 11:50:01 AM »
Hello!

I have a few Sewing World Magazines with the Patterns they came with. It is not clear (at least to me) if the patterns include the necessary seam allowances. Does anyone know this?

Thanks for the help.
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

UttaRetch

Re: Sewing World Patterns
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 11:56:40 AM »
Envelope patterns usually include a 5/8" (sorry for Imperial measurements) seam allowance.  Certainly those produced by The McCall's Pattern Company - Butterick, McCall's and Vogue will do so.  What are the patterns?

Vezelay

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 15:11:07 PM »
It should state in the individual pattern instructions in the magazine. I made one from Sewing World recently and that's where I found it - in very small print! If it states an amount - mine was 1.5cm - then it's included.

If you can find it then if you say which issue and pattern you want to make someone here might be able to help. I don't take Sewing World. My instructions were on on a photocopy of the magazine page on the author's blog and the pattern was traced and sent to me by a kind forum member.

William

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 20:11:30 PM »
Thanks for the help!

It states "use a 3/8th inch allowance". I just didnt know if it is included - not clear.

Of course if I cut a little bigger, I can always make it smaller... (pair of shorts).

Thanks, Danke, Merci
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

Vezelay

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 21:07:06 PM »
I take that to mean that the 3/8" seam allowance is included. Good luck with your shorts :).