The Sewing Place

Cushion..

Efemera

Cushion..
« on: July 09, 2020, 20:15:13 PM »
I know I said I don’t like patchwork cushions but I loved this design by Pat Bravo...
Made it with my own choice of fabrics, there’s a bit of patchwork but it’s mainly appliqué ...
That’s Ted sitting there.. he’s 67 years old!..I used to operate on him!

Lilian

Re: Cushion..
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 20:21:18 PM »
@Efemera that cushion is beautiful, so unique! And poor Teddy he's lovely but has some scars :hug: and needs a nice warm blanket  :loveit: How nice to still have him from childhood.  Unfortunately, I come from a broken family and have nothing of my past and often wonder what happened to my handmade teddy, he would be over 60 years old now  :)
Willing but not always able :)

toileandtrouble

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 21:35:18 PM »
@Efemera  He looks like my teddy.  He has had operations too, I removed the defunct music box and fitted a Mama box from a broken doll, but I took that out. He had felt paw pads but some wore through so some of them are brown velvet. He also had to have a new neck joint, but he is still with me.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

bec

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 09:06:00 AM »
Wow it's so pretty!  :loveit: Love the colours.

Lisalou1965

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 21:39:52 PM »
Lovely cushion, lovely teddy. So special to still have him after so long. I still have mine and also my grandmother's. Sadly my father's was lost when he travelled from South America to the UK as a young lad.

Lx
If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time

Sara-S

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 15:06:06 PM »
What’s a lovely cushion! And Teddy clearly loves it.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.