The Sewing Place

Internal server error

mudcat

Re: Internal server error
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2020, 20:46:10 PM »
It's been mostly slow for me yesterday and today at least.  Also sometimes the page never loads at all.  I did get errors yesterday but I don't remember if they were 500 or something different.

Helen M

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2020, 20:46:57 PM »
I've found it very slow today and on a few occasions during the past week, no errors though.  However I did an internet speed test today and that was very slow. Will be contacting my ISP if it continues!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2020, 21:42:04 PM »
It's been a bit slow for me too, but I always assume it's our painfully slow broadband, usually around 2.5Mbs or less download speed  :S

BrendaP

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2020, 22:13:56 PM »
When this (or any other site) takes a long time to load but other websites are working fine I know it's a problem with just this one

@Acorn
This thread loaded straight away at about 22:08 this evening.  When I hit reply it took about 95 seconds!

Edit - PS this reply uploaded immediately
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2020, 23:29:09 PM »
No error codes here but it's been hit or miss for me for the last few months. The internet in general has had massive problems keeping up with demand for service consequently heavily used sites and networks can have their own problems. If you have a wireless router and multiple household members trying to use it that can cause problems. So can having an older router. The FCC suggests turning your router off then rebooting it to help.

For added fun my neighborhood needs the routing boards upgraded. Company not keen on the expense. But periodically they have to come and check my line then go out to the main street and plug me in someplace else. Because of it being somewhat flimsy there are days when either the internet or the voip phone line go in and out a lot. Yesterday was one of those days.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Iminei

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2020, 07:59:30 AM »
I too had the devil of a job with TSP yesterday .. in the end I just shut the laptop and did something else!

@Acorn  ... Thank you sooo much for getting onto the webhosts .. If I had any inkling at all about tech stuff I would ... but I dont and they could tell me there was a badger eating my internet cake and Id believe them !!! So thank you so much hon!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2020, 10:31:19 AM »
I'm surprised they didn't try that one on me @Iminei

I do know that they have had their support staff working from home, and I suspect communication with the technical bods looking after the server is not very good.  It's much easier to find out exactly what is happening when you can stick your head around the door and ask.  And generally speaking technical bods don't like having to explain themselves anyway...
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Kitten

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2020, 10:33:38 AM »
I've also had pages being very slow to load.  Thought it was my internet connection.
Another thing I've noticed since Thursday/Friday is that after reading a thread it used to clear the green "NEW" but now doesn't.  Don't know if that's just me though.

Acorn

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2020, 10:35:24 AM »
That sounds like your browser cache not clearing.  It isn't a problem for me, but I would be interested to know if other people are having the same problem.  (Not that I can think of anything I could do about it, but I'd still be interested...)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Greybird

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2020, 11:09:59 AM »
I haven't had a problem with the "new" not clearing, but do sometimes find that when I click on "new", it doesn't go straight into the thread, it takes me into the category that the thread was posted on. Not a problem, just a quirk?

Kitten

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2020, 11:12:38 AM »
I did get a Microsoft update last week which updated my Edge browser.  Maybe that's the cause.

Ellabella

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2020, 11:19:32 AM »
I still can’t get the coloured banner on my iPad. On my PC it’s fine.

I have cleared my chache, I think. Cleared History and Browsing Data and I think that’s the same thing.

Turned things off and on, my usual cure all and nothing does the trick.

No this is so trivial, can anyone tell me why I’m getting so p****d off.

Celia

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2020, 19:25:44 PM »
I still can’t get the coloured banner on my iPad. On my PC it’s fine.

I have cleared my chache, I think. Cleared History and Browsing Data and I think that’s the same thing.

Turned things off and on, my usual cure all and nothing does the trick.

No this is so trivial, can anyone tell me why I’m getting so p****d off.

Have you tried logging out restart the iPad then log back in. I find this cures a lot of problems.

wrenkins

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2020, 12:16:10 PM »
So far this morning I'm not getting error messages but the site is hair-tearingly slow. Has there been any progress with whomever @Acorn?
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Greybird

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2020, 12:33:57 PM »
Mine too.