The Sewing Place

July's Brucie Bonus Block - Tumbling Blocks

wrenkins

Re: July's Brucie Bonus Block
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2020, 16:12:25 PM »
Has anyone quilted this oul bu$$er sweet delight?
What did you do? I'm stumped. I've done my scraps one but this one has me beaten.  :thinking:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

supergran

« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2020, 16:32:17 PM »
I did mostly straight line and dot to dot quilting on mine. Copied Angela Walter's really.

wrenkins

« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2020, 18:01:57 PM »
Well I went at it while dinner was on and did ever decreasing diamonds in the big diamonds and straight lines in the little diamonds. I still have a big flappy skirt of negative space to deal with though!  :S I might echo the outside lines of the shape. Good old Angela.  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

supergran

« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2020, 18:48:28 PM »
She's got a new challenge thing starting at end of the month. This one's ruler quilting so should be interesting.

wrenkins

« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2020, 18:50:21 PM »
I don't understand ruler quilting. She makes it look simple so I had a go and the ruler slid, the block slid, I swore...it was a fiasco!  :laughing:

supergran

« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2020, 18:57:07 PM »
Yes, it took me ages to get it more or less right and I still go off course at times. It takes practice.  Her smaller rulers are pretty good though. I've got Taj, but the one I use most is handiquilter versatool. You have to put grippy things on it though.

Acorn

« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2020, 00:03:08 AM »
I basically went around the edges of the bits of the cubes (actually 1/4" inside the seams) and then stippled the background.  That's what I've done for all the blocks with background fabric in them.  The other 4 are different, and I'm not sure that's a good thing, although I will put them in the corners of the quilt.   -<
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

wrenkins

« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2020, 00:06:36 AM »
I could be doing with more corners to put the misfiits in.  0_0

Bjay

« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2020, 17:09:38 PM »

Quilted but need more practice ob tight curves!
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Flobear

« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2020, 17:37:29 PM »
I could be doing with more corners to put the misfiits in.  0_0

I had the same feeling about my classroom and the miscreants when Parents Evening came round and the parents would say 'make him/her sit in the corner when he/she misbehaves'.  :rolleyes:
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!