The Sewing Place

scissor holder for sewing machine

sewmuchmore

scissor holder for sewing machine
« on: July 21, 2020, 09:40:27 AM »
Has anyone come across this nifty little gadget on a UK site?
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Starryfish

Re: scissor holder for sewing machine
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 12:32:35 PM »
I found this one on Amazon?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Feather-Scissor-Magnetic-Holder/dp/B001EO3B7U

Not quite the same,but it is in the UK.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 15:30:32 PM »
@sewmuchmore, it doesn't look as if could hold a large pair of shears.   I found this, but it looks small too.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 17:17:26 PM »
@Starryfish @UttaRetch thanks for the links but both are magnetic (plus one comes from China) and i was always told to keep anything magnetic away from computerised machines. The link i posted is rubber and seems to stick on using dot and dash velcro. I was looking for something small that would just hold thread snips.  Looks like i will have to stick with the bit of elastic tied to the scissors and taped to the machine.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 18:33:49 PM »
I didn't think my option was entirely suitable.  Why not see if you can find something that you could improvise to make the holder.  Those high street 'value' stores are full of little things that might just work.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 18:43:30 PM »
It looks to me like a 3d printed thing - anyone got a 3d printer??

Mr Twingo

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 23:34:08 PM »
How about one of these for 32p?
https://www.toolstation.com/20mm-pvc-spacer-bar-saddle/p68088

Could easily be stuck to the machine with velcro or double sided sticky pads. Will hold larger scissors, too. 

Marniesews

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 00:57:32 AM »
Do your thread snips have a thumb hole? If so, would an ordinary command hook that can be removed without damage be sufficient? Lots of different sizes and shapes. Even the curved tweezer type like in your picture would hang from that.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Esme866

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2020, 08:38:20 AM »
Unless a gizmo comes with an elf to run out and fetch my scissors from wherever I left them, they wouldn't do me much good.

I have 5" scissors and thread snips at the machine, 2 pairs of shears for cutting, one pair for the ironing board, one pair for paper, and I plan to buy another pair of 5" and another pair of snips to keep next to my chair in the living room - where I prefer to hand sew. I'd honestly feel sorry for any elf that had to try to keep up my forgetfulness.

misschris

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2020, 10:33:57 AM »
I wonder how big it is? It looks like a cable organiser..  Might have to see if my little snips will fit into one of these..

UttaRetch

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2020, 13:31:14 PM »
Indeed it does

Scissor holder

Cable tie.

If that site is selling a cable organizer, then you would only be able to put embroidery scissors though the hole.