The Sewing Place

Style Arc patterns 25% 0ff

Helen M

Style Arc patterns 25% 0ff
« on: July 23, 2020, 09:46:40 AM »
It's their annual Christmas in July sale from now until 29th July with code FESTIVE25.  https://www.stylearc.com/
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

UttaRetch

Re: Style Arc patterns 25% 0ff
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 11:26:48 AM »
It's  :fish: for you missus.  Christmas in July.

I've not been tempted by StyleArc and even a sale is not enough persuasion.

Helen M

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 12:29:14 PM »
Only posting what they are calling their promotion as per email.

SkoutSews

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 13:12:38 PM »
Thanks @Helen M. I've succumbed and bought the Josephine coat pattern and taken the Alma top freebie while I was there.

I have some nice boiled wool in mind for the coat, I just hope I've got enough of it. The coat might end up more of a jacket  :S

Helen M

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 13:46:12 PM »
Sounds good, hope you have enough for it @SkoutSews! It's amazing how just shortening by a even an inch helps eek out the fabric.

maliw

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 14:06:22 PM »
Nooooo, I will not look, I've got one in the pipeline to make up so I am going to be good ---------
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Happymrsg

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 16:44:48 PM »
I recently made the SA Clare Pants & Montana midi dress. I was delighted with both. I made the dress twice , but can't wear them; they're dresses for warm summer days & summer has been fogotten here.

mudcat

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 02:38:58 AM »
I like the newest Elley Designer dress so I will take advantage.  I didn't care for the freebie Almy top while looking at the line drawing but ended up liking the silvery one made up so I'll pick that one since the Sable does nothing for me.

@UttaRetch  ... is it just the SA designs you don't like or did you have a bad experience with them?

UttaRetch

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 08:35:22 AM »
I haven't sewn any StyleArc as they are not in the shops over here in the UK.  I have also read the the instructions are a bit sketchy.

wrenkins

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2020, 09:52:59 AM »
As a non-lightsider @UttaRetch even I can follow their instructions. I bought one pattern and popped the freebie in my basket because why not? and paid the princely sum of $7.50 or £4.44. For that I get the size I ordered plus the one either side in both normal and widescreen for printing. Had I ordered the hard copy the P&P would have been about £5 IIRC. Worth a punt.  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Helen M

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 10:09:14 AM »
I haven't sewn any StyleArc as they are not in the shops over here in the UK.  I have also read the the instructions are a bit sketchy.

The instructions assume you can sew and it's not the first pattern that you have ever tried. Most of the 'complicated' bits have their own tutorials on the SA web page as well as more basic things.

As for availability, the Big 4 are not readily available in stores these days. J Lewis only have Vogue and Simplicity and it's been that way for a while now. SA are available from Minerva, actual patterns not PDFs, and I think a few other places.

UttaRetch

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2020, 11:35:25 AM »
The truth is that I sewed only a limited range of styles and no knits. 

I have a fabric shop in my local town centre that carries Burda, Butterick, McCall's, New look, Simplicity and Vogue.  Between them, I have all the patterns I need, and one fit and flare dress is much like any other.  Consequently, StyleArc has nothing to offer me that I can't get by scooting down to the shop.

wrenkins

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2020, 12:23:23 PM »
@Helen M I have a few paper patterns and I think I bought them on Amazon thanks to someone on here...as usual. There was a sale of some sort of course.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Helen M

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2020, 12:32:57 PM »
The truth is that I sewed only a limited range of styles and no knits. 

I have a fabric shop in my local town centre that carries Burda, Butterick, McCall's, New look, Simplicity and Vogue.  Between them, I have all the patterns I need, and one fit and flare dress is much like any other.  Consequently, StyleArc has nothing to offer me that I can't get by scooting down to the shop.

@UttaRetch you are so lucky to have such a good selection available. There is nothing I like to do more than browse the pattern books. I recall probably 25+ years ago visiting a fabric store in Florida, huge and so much better than Jo-Ann who absorbed it, where they had all the pattern books set out on a big table with chairs for you to sit down with note pads and pens. My friend and I spent hours there on the first visit. It was what I term 'civilised'!

So Chic

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2020, 14:53:19 PM »
@UttaRetch
There are several stockists of Style Arc in the UK, I think I ordered the last one I bought from Minerva. 
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up