The Sewing Place

What shall I do with this

Syrinx

What shall I do with this
« on: July 23, 2020, 18:00:44 PM »
I bought this along with my hedgehog fabric. I'm so used to buying cotton I paid zero attention to what it was

SkoutSews

Re: What shall I do with this
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 19:10:16 PM »
Well now, what sort of thing do you like? It's very nice fabric and John Kaldor, so a good 'name' too.

I made up the Patricia Rose dress from Style Arc last autumn in a printed polyester fabric described as 'marocain'. Nope, I didn't have a clue what that meant, but it turned out to be a drapey, opaque fabric with a slight crepey feel to it. It worked well with the pattern and the loose style of the dress, though if you prefer fitted styles, this one probably won't be for you.

If I make the pattern again, and I probably will as it's an easy, comfortable style to wear, I intend to include the horizontal tuck across the back as well, as it is a bit featureless otherwise and it will pull the style together. It's not so noticeable with the printed fabric though.

SA have a 25% discount running at the moment....

Lilian

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 19:14:11 PM »
I like that pattern @SkoutSews  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Syrinx

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 21:52:57 PM »
That is a nice pattern. As a short busty but otherwise slim person it's not really my style, but very up my mother's street! Not that she gets my lovely John Kaldor fabric (that I got cheap because end of roll!)

I've done a bit of Google fu and it turns out it is a crepe fabric, a woven, non stretch medium weight drapey crepe apparently. Though I'm not sure what crepe wouldn't drape

sewmuchmore

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 18:38:39 PM »
Hedgehog fabric? can we see that as well.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Syrinx

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 19:01:51 PM »
Sure! It came in three different colours but I chose the sage green. More pictures in my 'taking a trip with knit' thread, but made up dress here
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 19:03:44 PM by Syrinx »

Manuela

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 05:08:13 AM »
How about this Style Arc pattern? Great for drapey fabrics...

Link: Nova Midi Dress