The Sewing Place

Jones Model 365 Foreign

AmbyMadeIt

Jones Model 365 Foreign
« on: July 24, 2020, 17:56:30 PM »
I have recently purchased a Jones 365 Foreign machine, as I was tired of snapping countless needles on my modern Brother whilst sewing multiple layers. It’s in super condition, but didn’t come with a manual. I have searched online to no avail and wondered if anyone might have one? I’m having a real nightmare trying to keep it threaded, the problem is coming from the tension disks which the thread goes through. The thread pulls through fine after I have re-threaded it all, then I come to sew and it won’t feed through the disks, causing the needle to come unthreaded every time!!! Any help would be very much appreciated; thank you!

Esme866

Re: Jones Model 365 Foreign
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 18:38:39 PM »
Have you thoroughly studied all of the Youtube videos regarding Jones machines?

I quick glance indicates Jones may be an actual Brother version?  If so, your tension problems may be addressed by any number of tension videos.

I always start with Youtube first - for everything. Even had to youtube "how to install a window screen" once as my usually brilliant mechanical engineer BIL had never in 5 years installed the screens on his own windows.

Of course there's some not so great/ bad info there - but I almost always find what I'm looking for.