The Sewing Place

Got my Necchi Lydia3 to work!

MarianL

Got my Necchi Lydia3 to work!
« on: July 25, 2020, 15:57:11 PM »
Well after listening to you lovely people when I posted on the newbie page and mentioned my Necchi machine didn’t work, I hauled it out this morning and had a tinker with it. After giving it a good clean and a few squirts of a penetrating spray it has come back to life. I think it must be at least 15 years since I actually used it so when I tried it a few years back it didn’t want to play.
After reading your comments that I shouldn’t get rid I listened and so glad I did. I would still like to get a new machine but happy to wait a bit longer while the shops restock. I’ve made a face mask and I’m quite pleased with it. Thank you again for the advice

StitchinTime

Re: Got my Necchi Lydia3 to work!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 16:44:30 PM »
Well done you on getting it working again. As you say it buys you a bit more time (and probably a bit more choice) when it comes to getting a new one.

I’ve just looked a few of the machines online and there  is something quite stylish and almost timeless about the simplicity of its design. Is yours a white/cream machine or is it one of the very seventies orange or green ones?

MarianL

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 17:37:12 PM »
Well done you on getting it working again. As you say it buys you a bit more time (and probably a bit more choice) when it comes to getting a new one.

I’ve just looked a few of the machines online and there  is something quite stylish and almost timeless about the simplicity of its design. Is yours a white/cream machine or is it one of the very seventies orange or green ones?
Mine is the white/cream model. It is a nice looking machine but as it’s metal it weighs a ton.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 18:45:16 PM »
Well done getting it working.  When I worked for a dealer we rarely had a Necchi in for service.  Just aren’t many around.  But we would always have a bit of a drool when one came in.  They are lovely. 

SkoutSews

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 19:55:37 PM »
I'd want it just for the name. It sounds so Italian and romantic  :loveit:

StitchinTime

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 20:14:08 PM »
My first electric machine was an orange Husqvarna - it was certainly distinctive.