The Sewing Place

Emoji suggestion

UttaRetch

Emoji suggestion
« on: July 25, 2020, 19:30:00 PM »
Could we have a 'tears of laughter' emoji.  I use this , which is a mobile emoji but perhaps there is a forum equivalent.

Iminei

Re: Emoji suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 21:29:42 PM »
@Acorn  ????

I also suggest for every new ... wonderful and wanted .... emoji we adopt another less used and less wonderful one gets binned ????
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 21:31:22 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 21:50:11 PM »
I will see what I can find - that one is just a bit too small, and if I make it bigger it will get fuzzy, but there must be other similar ones.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 22:19:09 PM »
How's this one?     [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 08:18:20 AM »
@Acorn, the one I use was scaled down from a much bigger image to about the same size as the forum text, but making it bigger works.  I also agree with @Iminei that there needs to be a cull.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 09:33:09 AM »
Now to me, that looks like someone crying, not laughing.  Is there not one that's more laughing, less crying?

UttaRetch

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 10:03:56 AM »
Have you never cried with laughter.  In any event the crying emojis are and

Acorn

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2020, 10:28:16 AM »
I'll have another look later, see if we can get a consensus from a few of them.  There is one that rolls around a bit somewhere, that might be good.

Interestingly, I have removed quite a few emojis, and only one person noticed one of them once.

wrenkins

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2020, 10:42:35 AM »
I noticed that the pins had gone but only because I use them as stars and sunshine!  :S
I would like a rolling around one please. Funny that I use fainting and rolling around laughing but never zen. We could start profiling people!  :ninja:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

sewingj

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2020, 10:47:33 AM »
I think I`m the only person in the world who doesn`t "get" emojis so I should probably keep quiet

(I have one friend who often uses them rather than any words in her messages and I haven`t got a clue what she is trying to say!)

Lowena

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2020, 10:50:42 AM »
@UttaRetch I can honestly say that I have never cried with laughter. :| I didn't think it was really possible but bow to better knowledge :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

wrenkins

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2020, 12:16:32 PM »
I often cry when I'm laughing! I laugh a lot.  :dance:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2020, 13:52:52 PM »
It takes something very funny, but yes, I have cried with laughter many a time.

I'd noticed the pins and the roll of fabric had gone.

Just wondering if  =8 :toast: would describe me going in the hot tub?

UttaRetch

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2020, 16:00:04 PM »
I would cull  :thread:  :gin:  =8  :trousers: and :wool:  I haven't seen anyone use either of the sewing machines either.

wrenkins

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2020, 16:33:59 PM »
 :angry: :angry: :thread: =8 :trousers: >:) :wool: :\ I've never used any of these. @BrendaP regularly uses the sewing machines.  :)