The Sewing Place

Emoji suggestion

sewingj

Re: Emoji suggestion
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2020, 16:48:27 PM »
Where do old emojis go when noone wants them? Is there an emoji rehoming centre?

Acorn

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2020, 17:37:07 PM »
Don't tell anyone, but they remain fully functional, they just aren't allowed on the display above the posting box.  If you know the bit of code they use you can still put them into posts.  :pin:    ;)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

BrendaP

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2020, 19:20:25 PM »
If you know/remember what the appropriate word is you can still use the old emojies by putting a colon before and after that word.
I still add to my :fabric: stash

What I like about the TSP emojies is that hovering the mouse over one of them tells ou what it is supposed to mean.  On other sites it's often guesswork.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Bjay

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2020, 12:22:28 PM »
How about this one for larfter
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

wrenkins

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2020, 13:01:31 PM »
OOooo I like that one @Bjay.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lilian

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2020, 13:07:34 PM »
 :vintage: I use this one a lot  :)
Willing but not always able :)

hernibs

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2020, 17:44:14 PM »
Gosh I never use those things....but then I don't do 'cute' stuff - even in cards.

Sheilago

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2020, 20:16:46 PM »
@UttaRetch I can honestly say that I have never cried with laughter. :| I didn't think it was really possible but bow to better knowledge :D
oh dear @Lowena. My friends are all missing what used to be monthly ‘girls’ nights when one of the friends regularly had the rest of us crying with laughter! We always thought she should have been on the stage - she can see the humour in almost all situations. We always feel the better for a really good laugh. :D :dance:

Marniesews

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2020, 02:26:45 AM »
@UttaRetch I can honestly say that I have never cried with laughter. :| I didn't think it was really possible but bow to better knowledge :D
Oh dear. Then you must practice, start soon
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

justpottering

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2020, 11:44:55 AM »
Oh I've cried with laughter so many times, most often with my sister as we share a weird sense of humour our collective kids just roll their eyes  :rolleyes: and comfort each other for having such weird mums  0_0
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Lowena

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2020, 12:10:16 PM »
I'm not very emotional and have rarely laughed or cried. I bottle things up.......hence the anxiety medication
Triumph of hope over experience :D

sewingj

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2020, 13:21:29 PM »
I am quiety chuffed to say that when we saw our old neighbours yesterday the husband said "Do you know what I`ve missed about you?  Your laugh"

Acorn

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2020, 09:43:13 AM »
So we have:

who is great but probably a bit small compared to our others;

I may be able to embiggen the second one.

Any other suggestions?

I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2020, 09:44:58 AM »
I like the midden one ... which seems around the same size as our happy dancing one ...  :dance:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Flobear

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2020, 09:46:03 AM »
I like the second one very much and there is no confusion with crying for those who find emojis difficult to interpret.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!