The Sewing Place

Emoji suggestion

UttaRetch

Re: Emoji suggestion
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2020, 10:44:30 AM »
@Acorn: I know nothing about the backend processes of the forum, but the icons I use start off by measuring 256x256 which I put through Lunapic and scale to 25x25. 

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2020, 10:48:29 AM »
I would like to see uniformity in the icons, but realise this may be a tall order.  Just saying.

Yes this! Several of the new larger ones lack clarity. They seem to have been enlarged and are therefore a bit pixelated around the edges and blurry. Absolutely wigs me out.

These are creepy:  :thumbsup:  :facepalm:  :meditation:  :|

I use these:  :meow:  ><  ;)  :S . I used the wheel of pins quite often but you ditched it. When I saw that, well  :scream: was my reaction.

I rather prefer the new smaller ones to the new larger ones. They don't mess with the text as much.

BTW, who's been messing with the reply code? Suddenly I have to scroll to the bottom of a page if I wish to reply. By the time I get there I no longer remember who I wanted to reply to  or what I wanted to say.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Lowena

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2020, 12:26:26 PM »
I use :S all the time
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Acorn

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2020, 12:34:30 PM »
:pin:  'pin' with colons at each end.

And nobody has changed the reply code - the button is there at the top and bottom of every page, as always, or you can quote directly from any post to get the reply box up.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bjay

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2020, 13:45:08 PM »
There is this one which I don't find as creepy as  :thumbsup:
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Greybird

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2020, 14:58:50 PM »
I have never, ever used any of them. It simply doesn't occur to me. They are just there twitching away and don't seem to have anything to do with me! I will just say though, that that Snoopy one drives me potty when it's used - I can't seem to concentrate on what's been written.

Iminei

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2020, 15:02:09 PM »
@Bjay @Acorn  ... I agree with that thumbs up emoji and it fits better size wise too.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2020, 15:33:01 PM »
I've changed the thumbs up one, which is why half the above posts don't make any sense any more.   :thumbsup:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bjay

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2020, 17:03:28 PM »
 :thumbsup:

BrendaP

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2020, 22:13:46 PM »
I like the new thumbs up - the other one looked like a carrot!
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Marniesews

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2020, 08:57:53 AM »
... that Snoopy one drives me potty when it's used - I can't seem to concentrate on what's been written.

I tend to avoid the moving ones as they can be very distracting but I have such fondness for Snoopy that I've used him once and can't help but smile every time those ears slap on the ground. Sorry Greybird!
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Bjay

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2020, 22:14:13 PM »
Someone asked for weather emoticons - some suggestions

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 22:16:53 PM by Bjay »