The Sewing Place

Emoji suggestion

UttaRetch

Re: Emoji suggestion
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2020, 10:44:30 AM »
@Acorn: I know nothing about the backend processes of the forum, but the icons I use start off by measuring 256x256 which I put through Lunapic and scale to 25x25. 
What goes around comes around.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2020, 10:48:29 AM »
I would like to see uniformity in the icons, but realise this may be a tall order.  Just saying.

Yes this! Several of the new larger ones lack clarity. They seem to have been enlarged and are therefore a bit pixelated around the edges and blurry. Absolutely wigs me out.

These are creepy:  :thumbsup:  :facepalm:  :meditation:  :|

I use these:  :meow:  ><  ;)  :S . I used the wheel of pins quite often but you ditched it. When I saw that, well  :scream: was my reaction.

I rather prefer the new smaller ones to the new larger ones. They don't mess with the text as much.

BTW, who's been messing with the reply code? Suddenly I have to scroll to the bottom of a page if I wish to reply. By the time I get there I no longer remember who I wanted to reply to  or what I wanted to say.

Lowena

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2020, 12:26:26 PM »
I use :S all the time
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Acorn

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2020, 12:34:30 PM »
:pin:  'pin' with colons at each end.

And nobody has changed the reply code - the button is there at the top and bottom of every page, as always, or you can quote directly from any post to get the reply box up.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bjay

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2020, 13:45:08 PM »
There is this one which I don't find as creepy as  :thumbsup:
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Greybird

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2020, 14:58:50 PM »
I have never, ever used any of them. It simply doesn't occur to me. They are just there twitching away and don't seem to have anything to do with me! I will just say though, that that Snoopy one drives me potty when it's used - I can't seem to concentrate on what's been written.

Iminei

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2020, 15:02:09 PM »
@Bjay @Acorn  ... I agree with that thumbs up emoji and it fits better size wise too.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2020, 15:33:01 PM »
I've changed the thumbs up one, which is why half the above posts don't make any sense any more.   :thumbsup:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bjay

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2020, 17:03:28 PM »
 :thumbsup:
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

BrendaP

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2020, 22:13:46 PM »
I like the new thumbs up - the other one looked like a carrot!
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Marniesews

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2020, 08:57:53 AM »
... that Snoopy one drives me potty when it's used - I can't seem to concentrate on what's been written.

I tend to avoid the moving ones as they can be very distracting but I have such fondness for Snoopy that I've used him once and can't help but smile every time those ears slap on the ground. Sorry Greybird!
Stash Busting 2020
Goal: 50m
So far: 6m fabric; approx 40m crin (horsehair braid)