The Sewing Place

Hello from Glasgow

TartanPaint

Re: Hello from Glasgow
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2020, 21:38:42 PM »
@TartanPaint just under the Sewing Place banner at the top of the page on the right hand side there is a Support the Sewing Place link. It's by no means compulsory but it would be much appreciated.

@wrenkins

Can I just give you the tenner up front and that makes me a subscriber? :)
"....I had a feeling you were up to mischief, now behave yourself...."

wrenkins

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2020, 21:41:57 PM »
Yes.
If you follow that link you'll find a big blue button that'll take you into the back of the wardrobe. Go in there.  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

TartanPaint

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2020, 21:45:59 PM »
@wrenkins

Done and done. Thanks :)

wrenkins

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2020, 22:28:06 PM »
ooooOOoooo look at you four buttons!
Thank you very much for your support.  <3
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

TartanPaint

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2020, 22:33:24 PM »
ooooOOoooo look at you four buttons!
Thank you very much for your support.  <3

@wrenkins

:angel:

So much for lurking lol. I take it four buttons are good?

Support? It's only a tenner.
I spend more than that making my office smell nice but if it helps then that's awesome. I'll probably have a badge too. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

Tamnymore

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2020, 22:49:39 PM »
Welcome @TartanPaint . 10 big boxes of fabric - almost as big as my stash!  ;) No, not really *whispers* not quite.....
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

TartanPaint

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2020, 22:58:11 PM »
Welcome @TartanPaint . 10 big boxes of fabric - almost as big as my stash!  ;) No, not really *whispers* not quite.....

@Tamnymore

10 of those big boxes that slot into shelving units yes. The rest is in storage....for now.

So now then; how big is your stash? :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 23:06:18 PM by TartanPaint »

Iminei

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2020, 06:22:11 AM »
 :o  Now really @TartanPaint  ... You really shouldn't ask that sort of question on such short acquaintance   :faints:

She got it from a woman who was selling up her fabric business. Some of it is incredible. It's beautiful. Riley Blake, Tula Pink, vintage licensed Disney stuff,

I ... errrmmm ..... Dont suppose you have any Elvis fabric in there do you ??????
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 06:27:53 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2020, 06:30:43 AM »
  0_0 That's like asking Tamny's age... OR WEIGHT!!!!!  :faints:

TartanPaint

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2020, 06:54:18 AM »
:o  Now really @TartanPaint  ... You really shouldn't ask that sort of question on such short acquaintance   :faints:

She got it from a woman who was selling up her fabric business. Some of it is incredible. It's beautiful. Riley Blake, Tula Pink, vintage licensed Disney stuff,

I ... errrmmm ..... Dont suppose you have any Elvis fabric in there do you ??????

@Iminei

I'll ask. :)

TartanPaint

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2020, 06:55:35 AM »
  0_0 That's like asking Tamny's age... OR WEIGHT!!!!!  :faints:

@wrenkins

You have.....more buttons than me so I'll agree with you.

Tamnymore

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2020, 08:38:02 AM »
No indeed one would never reveal one's weight though I fear it is proportional to the size of the stash although there's a bit less of me since the lockdown diet!
On the stash - well I have three large (but not, alas, mothproof) seagrass trunks, another cupboard and a couple of plastic boxes. I have been thinning out the stash and some will go to schools and other bits to charity shops when it is practicable. @TartanPaint some of the folks here are very disciplined and only buy what they need. Others, me included , suffer from a condition you may have heard of called SABLE (stash accummulation beyond life expectancy).  :D

TartanPaint

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2020, 08:42:55 AM »
No indeed one would never reveal one's weight though I fear it is proportional to the size of the stash although there's a bit less of me since the lockdown diet!
On the stash - well I have three large (but not, alas, mothproof) seagrass trunks, another cupboard and a couple of plastic boxes. I have been thinning out the stash and some will go to schools and other bits to charity shops when it is practicable. @TartanPaint some of the folks here are very disciplined and only buy what they need. Others, me included , suffer from a condition you may have heard of called SABLE (stash accummulation beyond life expectancy).  :D

@Tamnymore

I have an Engineers brain and I'm much more pragmatic about it. Like one of my old teachers used to say:

"Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it"

I know there are probably exceptions that prove the rule but I've found when it comes to camera equipment, woodworking tools, and sewing stuff (and a few other things I wont mention on here) that the above sentiment, applied liberally, works very well for me. A big stash is just...........forward planning and makes perfect sense from a project management and resourcing standpoint.

:)

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2020, 09:00:36 AM »
@TartanPaint

She got it from a woman who was selling up her fabric business.... Riley Blake, Tula Pink, vintage licensed Disney stuff,

:scream:
Forgive me, I’ve just feinted  :faints:

Can we be friends???  ;)

Tamnymore

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2020, 09:07:48 AM »
@TartanPaint now I feel better. My stash habit was just forward planning after all!