Vogue Autumn 2020
« on: July 29, 2020, 09:03:17 AM »
See them here.  I love, love, love

view A.

• bec likes this

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Vogue Autumn 2020
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 09:14:48 AM »
I like that jacket too, but unfortunately I don't have a waist, so couldn't wear it these days.

Nope, nothing else takes my fancy, even the Marci Tilton is boringly plain.

Helen M

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 09:17:57 AM »
Nothing much that I like either and the prices......................
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 13:01:45 PM »
Indeed.  The top of the line Vogue patterns currently cost an eye watering £17.  I shall wait for the sales and will now have to order since my local fabric shop no longer carries the patterns - not enough room in the re-organised shop.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 18:28:45 PM »
I have been looking for a new challenge and i think i have found it.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
I don't mind paying for Vogue patterns as i know that they are well drafted and you can often pay a lot more for indie patterns only to find the drafting/instructions etc are dire.
Just got to wait now for them to reach UK

It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 18:38:16 PM »
Vogue is my favourite pattern line, but I stopped buying at full price long time ago.  I am content to wait for the sales.

Tamnymore

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 20:30:37 PM »
The zippy jacket is fab and I would consider it - wouldn't let lack of a waist put me off - I'll just have to pencil it in (the waist not the pattern)! The US Vogue/McCalls site aren't doing so much by way of sales at the moment but they did have a 4th July sale where each pattern was $3.99 for Club BMV members. Even though the postage has gone up a lot to the UK this worked out quite cheap if you bough the right number (bought 5 patterns as it was still less than the. £18 for customs charges) that is if the darn things actually arrive. However my patterns STILL haven't appeared. The tracking took them as far as Heathrow a week before last Thursday so I guess they are stuck in customs processing in the UK now. So that's over 4 weeks - I guess that the current crisis has slowed the post right down everywhere but it is much slower than it used to be.

The UK site had some of the Sewing Bee patterns reduced while the series was on TV but other than a mysterious one day 25% off sale a few months ago they haven't had any proper sales since before lockdown. Although these new Vogue patterns will turn up in the UK I agree that £17 is a lot for a pattern. Although there are some nice signs in Vogue (as well as some crazy designs too!) and the patterns are generally well drafted, I definitely found a few drafting errors in the Marcy Tilton dress from the summer collection - nothing fatal though. I have been using some Style Arc patterns of late and the drafting in those is spot on.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

BrendaP

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 21:34:01 PM »
I quite like the biker jacket with the dipped back peplum, but I don't think I'll be paying £17 for the pattern!

I like the patchwork jacket - but only as inspiration.  Really all you need to do is find a good basic jacket pattern that fits, sew a few pieces of fabric together, several times, and use those pieces to cut the pattern pieces from.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Acorn

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 21:43:37 PM »
I have a picture of a jacket in my 'Ideas' folder on my computer that is made just like that... Oh!  It's you @BrendaP in your lovely blue and grey jacket.   0_0  I have the pieces of fabric - largely velvets - and the pattern (StyleArc ADelaide or a similar Bootstrap pattern).  I really must get on with it.  And about 50 other things I have planned.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Gernella

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 16:08:44 PM »
I like biker jackets but I had to make two before I realised that I only suit one neckline and not the other.  This is the one I don't suit although the waist would be a big no no as well on this one.  There is nothing else I fancy really.

The last pattern I used was an OOP one, which I'd forgotten I had, turned out really well thank goodness but with a rubbish picture.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 16:38:50 PM »
I have a biker jacket-type pattern from about five or six years ago.  The bodice is in several panels and I keep looking at it, getting put off by the work involved in figuring out an FBA for it and putting it back in the pattern box!

The last Sew Today magazine had NO Vogue patterns in the main listing.  Since I started subscribing when it was Vogue Patterns Magazine I was a little put out by this fact and also that the entire mag seemed to be full of diaphenous frocks for flat-chested teens or else body-con items entirely age-inappropriate for me.  So I've cancelled my subscription.  If I need anything I'll search online.  £17 is a lot for a pattern I agree, but with the money I'll save on the sub maybe I'll feel the need to treat myself now and again!

UttaRetch

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 18:29:54 PM »
At one point, I contemplated the awful task of making a moto jacket.  I had previously downloaded the pattern and attendant instructions for

Burda #108B 12/2015

and had also seen

Style Arc Ziggi

However, my body has far too many fit issues for either of those styles.  The Vogue is perfect for short-waisted, big arse me and will present fewer modifications.

sewingj

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2020, 19:11:47 PM »
What the devil is V1711 made from? It reminds me of that squishy pvc stuff boots were made of in the 1960s

Syrinx

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2020, 19:16:19 PM »
At one point, I contemplated the awful task of making a moto jacket.  I had previously downloaded the pattern and attendant instructions for

Burda #108B 12/2015

and had also seen

Style Arc Ziggi

However, my body has far too many fit issues for either of those styles.  The Vogue is perfect for short-waisted, big arse me and will present fewer modifications.

Oh my goodness I'm in LOVE with that

Tamnymore

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2020, 20:25:07 PM »
The Vogue pattern must be some sort of faux leather. Given that I'm not going to sew real leather (well I don't think I am but you never know) and I'm not all that keen on fake leather, I'd probably go for a plain coloured tweedy fabric.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde