The Sewing Place

Brother CS-8080 (Specification)

annieeg

Brother CS-8080 (Specification)
« on: July 30, 2020, 10:24:34 AM »
@TartanPaint
Here's the snips I promised.  Note the image of the machine is taken from the web but mine is in very clean condition, as you can see from the needle plate image on the original for sale listing.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Gernella

Re: Brother CS-8080 (Specification)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 11:18:00 AM »
Just out of interest @annieeg, just how many machines have you got under that skirt of yours.  ;)
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

TartanPaint

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 11:46:01 AM »
Just out of interest @annieeg, just how many machines have you got under that skirt of yours.  ;)

What a way to ask a question!  0_0
"....I had a feeling you were up to mischief, now behave yourself...."

Gernella

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 11:53:43 AM »
Unfortunately when you get to my age @TartanPaint, time is short so you don't waste time wrapping things up, it comes out unfiltered.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

wrenkins

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 12:05:21 PM »
I'm beginning to think @annieeg is Frank Nutt's alter ego!  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

TartanPaint

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 12:50:23 PM »
I'm beginning to think @annieeg is Frank Nutt's alter ego!  0_0

@wrenkins

I just Googled that place. Oh no!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 13:00:36 PM by TartanPaint »

annieeg

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 13:28:54 PM »
@wrenkin @Gernella
I buy and sell them - don't ask me why :ninja:
At present I have: 
Brother cs 8080 totally complete with all accessories (recent very good price on eBay)
Brother cs 8080 without full accessories currently up for sale
Pfaff 2134 sewing/embroidery which I love.
Pfaff 2046 sewing only which I'm trying to sell as it has so much in common with the 2134.
Evolve wave overlocker
Bernina Coverstitcher

Recently sold Bernina record 930
Janome atelier 6

Wish I worked for a sewing machine retail shop :o

wrenkins

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2020, 13:48:37 PM »
Oh you don't want to go Googling anything you see on here @TartanPaint. That way lies winkelwagens, madness and the poor house.  :S
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

TartanPaint

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2020, 14:03:31 PM »
Oh you don't want to go Googling anything you see on here @TartanPaint. That way lies winkelwagens, madness and the poor house.  :S

@wrenkins

I'm learning that.

I'm also learning I probably need to have a secret source of income or have a wealthy relative leave me their entire estate. I've been burned twice on Ebay and once on FB Marketplace over the past few days. I literally got an email telling me I had to buy a machine because it was the womans' little girls' birthday next day and if I didn't she couldn't get any presents. This was after she raised the price of the machine by £35 because I asked her to cost up a courier!

Then there's a woman on Ebay who is demanding stupid money for a broken machine. she has one bid at the starting price and then nothing. It's possibly a logic board and new foot controller replacement but all I'm getting is "These machines go for £300 new!" Yes, working ones do!

I'm cheering myself up tonight. Someone locally is selling a charming little teak sewing cabinet. Thats a sewing and restoration project in one so that should stop me from resorting to throwing a huge tantrum.

**thinking happy thoughts**

wrenkins

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2020, 15:27:08 PM »
Keep an eye on our buying and selling thread here and don't be in too much of a rush. People on here only sell lovely things and are honest and up front.  :)
Buy cheap, buy twice.

StitchinTime

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2020, 15:41:36 PM »
@TartanPaint As well as keeping an eye on what people are selling on here, you could always put an “in search of” (ISO) post of your own if there is something in particular that you are after. I’m sure that some most  of us have items that could need rehoming.