« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2020, 17:09:24 PM »
@Lowena  Thank you

Plus's are I made that pressing board thanks to Kenora - great
I've become much quicker at unpicking!
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

supergran

Re: Augusts BOM
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2020, 19:54:44 PM »
Got my computer back so I can now post my maple leaf block. I hope. Still not keen on it and I'm waiting to see if there are any more in the pipeline before I spend any more time quilting it.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Bjay

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2020, 15:24:11 PM »
Just made my first leaf.
Only making them one at a time - I know the slow way but this has come out not too bad

Iminei

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2020, 15:42:28 PM »
Beeeautiful SuperGran

Run along into the BOM HOF now ...

:angel:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sheilago

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2020, 19:08:58 PM »
13 August, so thought I’d better get one done. Here is my bear claw block, which went fine, but I notice a few claws might be less than sharp once the block is sewn in  -<

Flobear

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2020, 19:50:26 PM »
Dear BOMHOF curator.
I know I may have been somewhat less than enthusiatic about the Maple leaf block, but I'd rather like my 60 little bits to appear in the gallery when you've got a mo. Please ma'am  :) Thank you kindly.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Lowena

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2020, 20:01:13 PM »
Oooh if you've upset @Iminei @Flobear you'll never see your block displayed......and you won't dare to go to BF  :devil:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Sheilago

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2020, 14:14:59 PM »
..and here’s the second block: the maple leaf. I’ve done these before, but not so tiny!  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   Not sure why my stems turned out so sturdy- my seams must have been too narrow, I suppose.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 17:07:48 PM by Sheilago »

Bjay

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2020, 16:50:57 PM »
Phew - complete

Kenora

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2020, 20:41:35 PM »
My plans changed today. I found it was far too hot to stay in the greenhouse this morning so I went into my sewing room instead and finished my first block for August. It was lovely and cool in there. :)
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Had to piece each of the 4 1/2" squares as I'm rapidly running out of fabric. I did order more white and green from a new-to-me online shop - Eclectic Maker. Ordered Wednesday evening, delivered Friday morning - excellent service. :D Unfortunately the purple I ordered turned out to be plum. :S Not their fault - it's difficult to tell on the screen.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

supergran

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2020, 08:44:12 AM »
That's lovely @Kenora . I know what you mean about on screen colour.  I've never received the colour I thought I was getting when ordering on line. Unfortunately it's often the only way to get anything even close to what you need.

Sandra

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2020, 09:01:19 AM »
I've made a start on both of my blocks for this month.  :)
This morning I was cutting my pieces down to size when I sliced into my thumbnail with the rotary cutter. It just broke through the nail and there wasn't much blood.
Serves me right for leaving my thumb sticking out when the cutter's heading in that direction.
This is the opposite thumb to the one I sliced into with the freak accident from the sellotape dispenser.

Honestly, I don't know what's wrong with me lately.  :facepalm:

Sandra.
xxx

Pearl

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2020, 10:19:00 AM »
Well, these things come in threes @Sandra , so let's hope that's you done now.   :flower: