The Sewing Place

A Bit of Help, Please - if anyone has a few minutes

Esme866

A Bit of Help, Please - if anyone has a few minutes
« on: August 02, 2020, 18:15:54 PM »
I'm looking to identify a particular canvas. The UK tailor I'm watching on Youtube seems to be saying his vendor is "B & B Linings"  - but the B's are referring to actual names and I can't locate them online. Is anyone familiar?

I'm on my phone and can't post a link, so sorry.

Entering "tailor lee marsh" into a Youtube search will pull up his videos - which BTW are EXCELLENT tailoring videos. On his video for canvasing light weight jacket fronts, at approximately 15:56 he shows the canvas sample book. The name seams to be on it, but he moves it so quickly the camera never focuses well.

I'm simply trying to identify the canvas so I can hopefully source it here in the states.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Esme866

Re: A Bit of Help, Please - if anyone has a few minutes
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 18:28:54 PM »
Jeez - no sooner did I post this than I went back to viewing one video I fell asleep watching last night and he identified the company. The Lining Company - Bernstein & something - so I found it.

So sorry for the bother.

Lee's tailoring videos are great if you're into jacket/coat making.

Thank you.

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 18:31:47 PM »
Glad to help!   :thumbsup:  ;)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

wrenkins

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 18:37:59 PM »
No trouble at all.  :dance:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

BrendaP

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 19:11:23 PM »
@Esme866
The Lining Company; Bernstein & Banleys Ltd.

https://www.theliningcompany.co.uk/
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Helen M

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 20:04:47 PM »
Coincidentally I ordered some samples of lining from them on Friday. I'd not heard of them until Mr Google suggested them!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 10:50:24 AM »
Canvas jacket lining tutorial thingmy mentioned below

I couldnt have read those words if he had held it still its about 16. minutes in ... Glad you found it ... Interesting tut ...
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Gernella

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 11:56:20 AM »
I've bought a few things from them, especially 99p a meter lining they were getting rid off, still got some.  Last time I looked the prices had gone up and since now they've got a flashy new website, I bet they've crept up again.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included